May 2013 Moms
Options

Rolled over in the Merlin

I need help!!  My LO has rolled over in the swaddle so we have tried weaning and it was a disaster.  When he rolls over he lifts his head and tries to move all over the crib and there is no more sleeping for him.  I put him back on his back and the cycle repeats.  A friend of ours gave us the Merlin sleep suit to try.  He just rolled over in that last night.  He is 20 weeks.   I believe, I have heard if they can roll over to leave them.  He still has a hard time rolling back from stomach to back.  In the Merlin there is no way he could roll himself back over.   Do I just go cold turkey and everyone lose sleep until he figures out how to sleep with nothing????  We are very sleep deprived over here :-(   TIA
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Rolled over in the Merlin

• Options
    I'm sorry it's going so hard! I vote cold turkey, good luck!
  • Options
    No Merlin specific advice over here but J started rolling in his sleep about a week or so ago and he would wake himself up every time. This weekend he actually started sleeping through his roll and has started sleeping on his tummy. He can't go tummy to back yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know that once they can roll in the sleep suit that you're not supposed to use it anymore. Also I've heard that once they start rolling on their tummy that it's okay to let them sleep like that (as long as they're not in a swaddle or sleep suit.) Maybe you can try a sleep sack? (Not totally sure if it's okay for them to roll in that....) or unfortunately cold turkey. Hopefully he'll figure out how to sleep on his tummy or how to roll back quickly.

You have my full sympathy. My DS STTN in his sleep suit and I'm dreading the day he is able to roll in it. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickersCafeMom Tickers

• Options
    Thanks everyone,  we are going to try cold turkey.  We just tried for his morning nap.   He fussed for 50 minutes then finally fell asleep on his tummy for 35 minutes.  He generally has an hour an a half to 2 hour morning nap but it's a start and can only get better.........at least I hope :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    When DD1 started rolling over, we took away the swaddle and put her in a Halo sleep sack.  I hope he starts sleeping better for you soon!
    Mom to two beautiful girls and forever labor buddy to the fab lady MandaPanda518!
  • Options
    When I suspected my son would start rolling I started to break the habit a head of time. With my DD she hated being swaddled, but I liked it for an extra layer so I always put her in the swaddle me and left her arms out (it was just around her body) it may be worth a try that way so your LO still feels it around them somehow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO just started to roll over a week ago and I was still swaddling him until he smashed himself against the crib wall during nap. He couldn't get out of the swaddle to help himself and started to cry so desperately. I felt so guilty, poor little man. No more swaddling for us. We still use sleep suit for night sleep though. I want to try sleep sack one of these days because I'm scared he would roll in his sleep suit and wouldn't be able to roll back. 
     CafeMom TickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"