December 2013 Moms

Having a teary mom moment

As I sit here holding my sweet "baby" who will be 1 on Tuesday I'm so reminded of her birth. A warm October day, one which I was longing for but also terrified of, how could I love another as I had loved my 1st? For those of you going from one to two children fear not, you will fall in love with your 2nd just as you did your first. There will be challenges and rough days but you'll get through them. And even though it seems like a long way off you'll soon be cuddling that baby you're carrying in your belly and he/she will be in your arms on the eve of their 1st bday and you'll too wonder where the last year went. Enjoy your time this time. It goes by fast and differently than your first.

Re: Having a teary mom moment

• Thank you for that. This is one of my biggest anxieties right now, and that made me feel better:)

• Yes, thank you so much...I had a mini breakdown last night about this. I just feel like I really haven't fully connected with this baby the way I did with DD when I was pregnant with her. I know things are much different and there is so much more going on now, but it still worries me. Plus, I am an only child so I really have no clue about the sibling dynamic! I know it'll be just fine and I will love this LO as much as I do DD the second I see her, but right now it still doesn't feel real.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS1 as had a good week where he is happy, cooperative, sleeping well, adorable and cuddly. I have enjoyed it immensely but it also makes me sad that I only have three more months to enjoy having an only child. I am positive I will have enough love to give both kids but get teary eyed thinking that DS1 will potentially feel less loved than he does now.
  • DS and DD1 are both March babies, and I always get sentimental around their birthdays! Which are 4 days apart, so it's an emotional week lol The night before every birthday, I look back at their baby pictures and cry! The 1st birthday always hits me the hardest. Happy almost birthday to your LO!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • swirl25 said:

Yes, thank you so much...I had a mini breakdown last night about this. I just feel like I really haven't fully connected with this baby the way I did with DD when I was pregnant with her. I know things are much different and there is so much more going on now, but it still worries me. Plus, I am an only child so I really have no clue about the sibling dynamic! I know it'll be just fine and I will love this LO as much as I do DD the second I see her, but right now it still doesn't feel real.

I am an only child as well so the very idea of raising siblings was foreign. I didn't feel connected to #2 as #1 either.

• NYMama1 said:
    DS1 as had a good week where he is happy, cooperative, sleeping well, adorable and cuddly. I have enjoyed it immensely but it also makes me sad that I only have three more months to enjoy having an only child. I am positive I will have enough love to give both kids but get teary eyed thinking that DS1 will potentially feel less loved than he does now.
    I felt that way as well. I am a SAHM and I was very sad about losing my one on one time with DS, and felt guilty. But all worked out fine, obviously! DS had no adjustment issues and I made sure I set aside special alone time for him. Once your baby is there, you won't be able to imagine life without them. You'll just miss the simplicity of one kid ;-)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • These are the posts that hit closest to home with me. Its nice to be reminded that there is always enough love to go around :)

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• I know how you feel. My oldest turned 6 yesterday and I spent a good part of the day remembering the day she was born and fighting back tears. My first baby is growing up. DD2 was born 1 year and 1 week after DD1 and I had the same fears. I felt so guilty that DD1 only had a year of being an only child and could not imagine how I could live another as I did her.

I am amazed daily at how much I love my 3 girls and have no fears about the amount of love I will have for a 4th child. My heart has already grown to make room for this little girl and I have moments of feeling like it may burst from the joy they bring me. Especially seeing how much they love and care about each other.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"