April 2013 Moms

When..?

when typically do babies start to crawl and when do they start being able to sit up by themselves?

Re: When..?

• I don't know exactly but to my knowledge, most babies I know are crawling by 9 months and sitting by 7.

Though all babies go at their own pace and it could be sooner for some and later for others.
    Some babies skip crawling all together too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't know exactly but to my knowledge, most babies I know are crawling by 9 months and sitting by 7. Though all babies go at their own pace and it could be sooner for some and later for others. Some babies skip crawling all together too.
    This. When you are hearing all these April babies crawling and sitting up right now.. they are very early so, as hard as it is.. try not to compare and feel worried if your baby isn't doing the same thing. My son probably won't roll belly to back until he learns to crawl.. there is no motivation what so ever. To be honest he is happier learning how to walk than being on his stomach learning how to crawl.. It is a mess. I think I will have a backwards turtle for a teenager.. needing help up when he falls on his belly. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • PPs are correct. We have some super early crawlers on our board. Our LO started sitting around 6 months but is still a little bit wobbly at times at almost 7 months. And he still hasn't rolled back to front!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Babycenter.com has a milestone chart but don't get yourself crazy. Some moms on here are also late march babies. My LO turned 5 months only last week so it's hard not to compare. All I know is my ds1 was late with every single milestone and I had a heart attack for 2 years and now he's fine! I quit worrying so much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"