Infertility
Options

Infertility-Considering IVF-Any Advice??

2»

Re: Infertility-Considering IVF-Any Advice??

• Options
    @FutureMrsW9 - ah, feeling bad was my downfall too. What can ya do :)

As for AA, oh I think we should. Apparently mentioning "Jack" was THE most offensive thing on this thread lol!

i feel like im taking crazy pills I Feel Like Im Taking Crazy Pills! (Zoolander)

• Options
    You "girls" are a JOKE!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This whole thread just needs to go away.  It's not being productive obviously.
    I would recommend that someone Re-read their posts and consider starting over...like change their bump name and all....I don't think any friends were made here tonight.

My fellow IF bumpies I think you all were courteous and sincere in your replies as always.

ALL OF YOU ARE FAKE THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY!! 
    I realize by posting I run the risk of "being thrown under the bus" as you said.  However, I feel it is appropriate to clarify a few things with you.  My reason for commenting on this post in the first place was to encourage you to re-read your own posts and consider that your own words may be a bit harsh.  The ladies on this site are full experience and knowledge and are more than welcoming and willing to share in your joys and sorrows as you go through the IVF process.  

However, as with any community, there are a few ground rules - mainly guidelines to follow out of respect for others feelings.  All the seasoned IF bumpies very quickly realized that the "situation here" escalated quickly and none of them were deragatory in the comments to you.  Each encouraged you to consider the safety of yourself and your family in the content that you have posted.  For example, in your initial post you gave us your full name and location.  You told us what your husband does for a living and the names of your children.  Any savvy person (or even unsavvy) could do a simple google search of your name and find your google+ profile which is linked to photos of your lovely home, gorgeous wedding rings, your handsome husband, and your darling children.  They could also find a link to your husband's business profile at that "large firm" he works for and get his work address, email address, and even his cell phone number.  

We are sharing with each other our most personal journeys when we post IF related things here.  We all have even given a little more personal info than we probably should as well....We start to form a community of support and begin to feel like family so it's natural to get lax and maybe slip up and say where we live or a real name here or there...but remember, these message boards are PUBLIC.  You dont even have to be logged in or have an account to read these posts.  

I again - along with everyone else who has posted here - strongly urge you to edit your initial post and remove some of that personal info about you and your family.  

If you choose to stay around the IF board and contribute this amazing community of women who are experiencing everything that you are now and will if you go through with IVF...than you should know that it is generally accepted as good etiquette and respect to others that if you mention your previous children in posts or in your signature line that you provide a *warning* to other "bumpies" that your post will mention them.  As you yourself noted, a number of these women are extremely hormonal, have been through a number of failed cycles of IUI and IVF and sometimes they just cant deal with reading anything about someone elses children on an IF board.  There are plenty of women on the IF board that have had sucessful pregnancies in the past and are seeking another child for the very same reason you are...myself included.

A final suggestion...take a deep breath.  No one here is "out to get you" or "ruin your day".  
    Hope that your first RE appointment went well and you are on your way to a successful cycle.

****Siggy Warning****

IVF Cycle #1 - 4/06/2013 -3dt of 2 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFN 
    IVF Cycle #2 - 7/18/2013- 3dt of 3 embryos.Froze one 3AA 6 Day Blast! - BFN
    IVF Cycle #3 - 9/15/2013 - 3dt of 4 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFP!!!
    10/7 - +HPT - Beta #1 10/10 - 72, Beta#2 10/14 - 518,Harmony 21 @ 12 weeks shows one very healthy little BOY!!

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You "girls" are a JOKE!!
    Air Quotes

• Options

You "girls" are a JOKE!!
    Air Quotes
    I literally laughed out loud....at work....and I just did again hahahahahaha.  He's adorable
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Options
    ErinSaysErinSays member
    edited October 2013
    If your husband ran a huge financial company, there would be evidence of it. A simple google search suggests otherwise.

If you were so educated, you would be able to comprehend simple, supportive messages.

If you had a child at 17, and he were now 14, you would be 31.

Plenty of things about your story don't add up to anything more than boring troll.
    Me (34) & DH (45) - NTNP since June 2011
    RE: 12/1/12 - Me: PCOS; DH: Low T
    2/13: DH's T went from 190 to 777!
    Cycle 1 1/25/13: Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = Ectopic pregnancy
    3/7/13: MTX injections put me on the bench.
    Cycle 2 6/7/13: Clomid 100mg CD3-7 = No response
    Cycle 2.1 Clomid 150mg CD 19-23 + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    Cycle 3 7/21/13: Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #1 + Progesterone = BFN
    Cycle 4 8/25/13: Bravelle 75-112iu + Trigger + IUI #2 + Progesterone = BFN
    Cycle 5 9/23/13: Bravelle 75-225iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Progesterone = BFFN
    Onto IVF - starting injects on Christmas Day

• Options
    edited October 2013
    EDITED TO REMOVE EVERY WORD OF SUPPORT FOR THE DERANGED PERSON.
    AND OFFER AN APOLOGY for falling for it.  
    ****Siggy Warning****

IVF Cycle #1 - 4/06/2013 -3dt of 2 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFN 
    IVF Cycle #2 - 7/18/2013- 3dt of 3 embryos.Froze one 3AA 6 Day Blast! - BFN
    IVF Cycle #3 - 9/15/2013 - 3dt of 4 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFP!!!
    10/7 - +HPT - Beta #1 10/10 - 72, Beta#2 10/14 - 518,Harmony 21 @ 12 weeks shows one very healthy little BOY!!

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ErinSays said:
    If your husband ran a huge financial company, there would be evidence of it. A simple google search suggests otherwise.

If you were so educated, you would be able to comprehend simple, supportive messages.

If you had a child at 17, and he were now 14, you would be 31.

Plenty of things about your story don't add up to anything more than boring troll.
    @ErinSays - you are wrong. You are out of line and just being plain old nasty at this point.  

I believe that she was forthcoming - a little too much - because with a simple google search I was able to confirm everything she said about herself and her husband.  She didnt say her husband ran a huge financial company, she said he ran his own satellite office which is part of a huge financial company.  And if you knew how insurance and financial services typically are ran, you would understand that almost every company has their people operating as their own business.  

Although I agree the message of support was missed, I think we can all look back to our first days on these message boards and recall that we may have interpretted something wrong.  And, this IF board is one of the most serious group of posters and are genuinely very nice people.  Some of the other boards are full of mean and nasty extremely sarcastic and cruel people.  If you came from one of those boards you would most definitely result to self defense rather than assume the comments were sincere.  I can forgive.  We are all here because we want to have a baby and we lean on each other for support.  

I can also see where in her initial post she stated she entered a bad marriage at 17 years old.  Its possible she turned 18 shortly there after and got pregnant within the first year of marriage and was 19 at the birth of her son. Again.  I can forgive a mistype in dates.  It takes a lot to put our history to paper and lay it all out.  It takes courage to share so much of your private life and expose yourself.    That's why so many on this IF board havent even come out to their families that they are doing IVF.  Its hard to admit that you are struggling to get pregnant.  It's even harder to admit that you are struggling to get pregnant after success.  And even hard still to admit that you are struggling to get pregnant after success - and have everyone judge you for even trying and not just being happy with what you already have.  

I hope that Brandy decides to stay and contribute to the bump and the IF boards.  I hope that you are able to accept her as peer that is also struggling to reach the end goal of having a baby. 
    Being nasty doesnt help anyone.  
    *****LOOK'S LIKE YOU NEED TO DO A LITTLE MORE DIGGING THERE DEAR ONE, AS YOU HAVE IT ALL WRONG!! ARE YOU A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR OR SOMETHING, BECAUSE YOU SURE AS HELL ACT LIKE ONE. DO YOUR MATH, I DON'T OWE YOU A THING, YOU NEED TO BE MORE EDUCATED. GO BACK TO SCHOOL. I'M SURPRISED YOUR HUSBAND IS STILL WITH YOU, WITH THAT MUCH IGNORANCE...LOL....I WOULD NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO TRY KNOCKING ON OUR DOOR, OR TRYING TO BREAK IN, THAT WOULD BE A VERY SAD SITUATION FOR THAT PERSON. BOTH MY HUSBAND AND I HOLD CONCEALED HAND GUN LICENSES AND THEREFORE ANYONE WHO WANT'S TO THREATEN ME, MY FAMILY, OR BREAK THROUGH MY DOOR, THEY ARE JUST PLAIN STUPID. YOU ALL NEED TO TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND RELAX SOME. SINCE YOU "KNOW IT ALL" I WILL LEAVE THE REST FOR YOU TO FIGURE OUT. YOU PEOPLE ARE SO FAKE. I DO NOT NEED THIS NOR WILL I TAKE IT FROM ANYONE. YOU ALL ARE JUST JEALOUS THAT I'M A HELD THE STATE TITLE FOR MY STATE FOR A YEAR, AND I'M IN GREAT SHAPE, WORK OUT 6 DAY'S A WEEK, LIFT WEIGHT'S, AND WEIGH 125 LBS. STOP BEING JEALOUS........DON'T YOU REMEMBER WHAT YOUR MOTHER'S TAUGHT YOU? IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE, THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL?? LOL.....MY HUSBAND DOES RUN HIS OWN BUSINESS, AND THAT IS NONE OF ANYONE'S CONCERN. WE RAKE IN MORE IN 6 MONTHS THAN MOST OF YOU WILL IN 5 YEARS. LOL......SO FAKE....TOTAL BITCHES!!!!
  • Options
    Boring Troll ? Nice one. Where'd you pull that one out of? Your ass? If you had the proper education you could do a "simple" Google search. I guess even that's too hard for you...lol....this is where our country is at, uneducated people, that sit behind a computer all day long and can't even do their job's correctly. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"