Trouble TTC

Feeling so sad ... (Just need to vent)

So I got my period ... again. :( This was my first full cycle with progesterone. For some reason I thought it would work right away. Of course I was over optimistic. Anyway I've told my sister-in-law what we've been going through. She actually called me (drunk) telling me I have to relax and the second I relax I'll get pregnant. And she can't wait for me to get pregnant. (This one's the best) All my "problems" are all in my head. This coming from a women who got pregnant without even trying. Without even wanting to get pregnant. I just wanted to yell at her. She's trying so hard. She says she doesn't want to say the wrong thing and yet she ends up saying all the wrong things all the time. I just want to curl up in a ball and have myself a good cry. I hate feeling this way and wish I could skip this part and do staight to my fertile window and try again.

• Started dating the love of my life: October 31, 2004
  • He asked me to be his wife: January 31, 2010
  • Happiest day of my life: September 10, 2011
  • Off birth control pills: November 2011
  • First and Only BFP ending in chemical pregnancy: June 2013
  • Diagnosed with poor luteal phase:14 days and ovulating but low progesterone: July 2013
  • First month on Progesterone 200mg: August 2013

Re: Feeling so sad ... (Just need to vent)

• I am so sorry that the progesterone didn't work this time :(   People can be so naively inconsiderate. I've found it really hard to get support from people who have not experienced TTTC. Hang in there. 

• When someone says all your problems are in your head, it makes me want to scream!! People really don't know what to say. 
    I'm sorry this cycle didn't work for you and I hope you feel better. Sometimes a good cry really does help. 

Me and DH: 32, TTC since 2/2012
    Dx: lean PCOS, low hormone levels, 2 CP's before seeing RE, MTHFR heterozygous
    IUI #1 with clomid and ovidrel: BFN
    IUI #2 with clomid (unresponsive), femara, ovidrel and novarel: Possible CP
    IUI #3 with femara, ovidrel and novarel: BFN
    IUI #4 with Follistim (115 iu) and ovidrel= BFN, developed OHSS, benched- 2 weeks of birth control pills
    IUI #5 with Follistim (75iu) and ovidrel= BFN........Taking a medication break for a few months
    IUI #6 with Follistim (75iu) every other day, femara and Lupron trigger= BFN
    *Taking a long break to get healthy and research/prepare for IVF*
    Goal: gain 5 lbs, gluten/dairy/soy/nut free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    3T June Siggy Challenge- Celebrity Crush: Woody Harrelson
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies. I am so thankful for this forum.

• Diagnosed with poor luteal phase:14 days and ovulating but low progesterone: July 2013
  • I don't know how you didn't scream at her. X( Those comments burn me up!! I'm sorry you're feeling down. None of this is fair. ((hugs))
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • My mom keeps telling me to just relax, that it will happen when we aren't trying. Ugh. Today she thought it would be helpful to "count my blessings" for me- good job, husband blah blah. So not helpful. So sorry - others apparently don't realize those comments hurt!

*Ticker/Siggy Warning*

Me: 37 DH: 38 TTC since 2011 DH normal Dx: DOR (AFC ranges from 6-11; AMH 0.16; FSH 11.9; E2 45) 11/13: 1st IVF converted to IUI due to poor response to high dose antagonist protocol (only 3 follies) = BFN 12/13: IUI #2 letrozole + Bravelle = BFP, beta #1 156, beta #2 196 (diff. lab), beta #3 1037; 1st ultrasound @ 5 wks 1 day = 6 mm gest sac; 2nd ultrasound 6 wks 1 day = tiny flickering heartbeat; 3rd ultrasound 7 wks 1 day 10.3 mm embie growing away! 

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • She sounds like my mom. Who has opted to not talk about it with me. Sometimes that's better. Sorry about AF.
    Me: 33 - PCOS & Hypothyroidism DH: 35 - SA is good Married since 2010 (together since 2006) TTC since June 2009 (we knew we would have issues and wanted family right away after we got married). No pregnancies yet. May 2013 - started first round of Chlomid & ovidrel cycle.
  • My mom is always asking if AF came. She sends me messages and leaves voicemail asking if I'm late and if I've tested. SMH god help me. Sometimes I really regret telling anyone.

• Hugs! IF is so unfair. And the reality is that unless someone has been in our position, they don't know how to support us.
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• I truly believe she ment well. That's the only reason I didn't snap on her. But it is so SO frustrating when people say to relax and I'll just happen. It hasn't just happened in almost two years now. I need to track my cycle, take pills and test three times. How can I just "not think about it" and "relax and let it happen". Bbg can you recommend an article? I think that would be great for my SIL to read. She really REALLY wants to be there for me and she was super touched that I let her in on something so personal but she's really making the opposite effect that she's trying for. I'm so glad I have you ladies to come to.

• sorry the progesterone didn't work :(  as for your SIL, you are so much better than I think I would be! If you know you're saying the wrong thing why do you keep on doing it? I just want to tell people shut up and think about what you're saying before you actually do it. Sigh, common sense is NOT common!!!

**siggy warning**

Me: 30 dx w/PCOS 7/13

DH: 31
    TTC 11/12
    started Metformin 9/13
    HSG, tubes open but narrow uterus... f/u with RE 3d u/s everything 'normal'
    2/14: hopefully 1st IUI... timing off before trip, waiting until 4/14
    3/27: POAS= BFP!!!
    3/28: beta#1: 108
    4/2: beta#2: 799
    4/11: u/s 6w1d EDD 12/4, 1 little penguin!

7/7:  We're having a girl!
    12/11: after lots of labor/delivery/nicu excitment baby Piper Mae born 1859 @ 8lbs, 21.5"

• I'm not bbg, but I sent some people the link to the For Family and Friends page at resolve.org. It's too soon to tell if it helped, but I hope it does!
    Pregnancy Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Me (28) - DOR (AFC <10, undetectable AMH, >10 FSH), homozygous E429A MTHFR
    DH (29) - MFI low count and morphology

September 2013 IUI#1 - Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    October 2013 IUI#2 - Letrozole + Menopur + Trigger + IUI = BFN

Nov 2013 IVF/ICSI #1 - Protocol: BCP prep, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (12 days), ganirelex
    Results: 5 retrieved / mature, 4 fertilized, 1 arrested and 3 complex abnormal after day 3 PGS = Cancelled after ER
    Jan/Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #2 - Protocol: Estrogen priming, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (11 days), microdose lupron
    Results: Cancelled after 11 days of stims due to low response and E2 levels
    Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #3 - Protocol: No prep, low dose Menopur (6 days), ganirelex, Bravelle booster with trigger
    Results: 1 retrieved / 0 mature = Cancelled after ER

Officially moving on to embryo adoption! We used and love Embryo Adoption Services of Cedar Park
    October 2014 FET #1 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    December 2014 FET #2 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    March 2015 FET #3 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    May 2015 FET #4 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, lost 2 to thaw, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    October 2015 FET #5 - Natural cycle, lost 1 from match #3 and 1 from clinic backup to thaw, transferred 1 backup, BFN
    February 2016 FET #6 - Natural cycle, transferred 1 from match #4, B FREAKING P!
    Beta 1 = 162, Beta 2 = 316, doubling just over 48 hours

• I was inspired by this thread to send my mom this: https://www.stevewiens.com/2013/03/26/ten-words-that-describe-infertility/ (FYI faith based site but generally applicable thoughts...) and she actually THANKED me. So we'll see...

*Ticker/Siggy Warning*

Me: 37 DH: 38 TTC since 2011 DH normal Dx: DOR (AFC ranges from 6-11; AMH 0.16; FSH 11.9; E2 45) 11/13: 1st IVF converted to IUI due to poor response to high dose antagonist protocol (only 3 follies) = BFN 12/13: IUI #2 letrozole + Bravelle = BFP, beta #1 156, beta #2 196 (diff. lab), beta #3 1037; 1st ultrasound @ 5 wks 1 day = 6 mm gest sac; 2nd ultrasound 6 wks 1 day = tiny flickering heartbeat; 3rd ultrasound 7 wks 1 day 10.3 mm embie growing away! 

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thank you so much ladies. :)

• I'm so sorry!! You know what might help, when you've calmed down, sit down and write a short, simple email (or call if you're a phone person) and explain exactly what you need to hear. I have a friend that would make really hurtful comments and I finally told her that she can't relate because she has 3 kids (1 accident) and that I need her to just listen. It worked...she keeps her opinions to herself and is still there for me. 

Like someone said above, nobody knows what it's like unless you go through it. Also my new fave response to "just relax" is "yea, that was the first 15 months. The vacation in the bahamas? Trust me, I was relaxed. The saturday after yoga? I was relaxed. The trip to montreal? Again, relaxed......" eventually they get the picture :) My friend likes to tell people "why, i didn't know relaxing and having a glass of wine would improve my husband's 0% sperm count, thanks!" zing.
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Im so sorry you had to deal with that crap. No one should have to. Youre a much better person than I am...id have lost it!
  • The most hurtful thing she's said so far is ... "If you need me to carry the baby I'm there for you. I know a surrogate can be very expensive." This coming from a woman who complained every moment she was pregnant. She continued saying that she would only do this for me because we all know how horrible it was for her to be pregnant with her two kids. What I would give to have been pregnant twice. :'( All I could tell her was I'm not there yet. I really don't know how to tell her she's being unintentionally hurtful. I even feel weird sending her one of those articles, which by the way, had me crying my eyes out like crazy. Sometimes I feel so strong other times I'm completely falling apart. I feel so bi-polar. I think it's finally sinking in that I'm infertile. I've always been so optimistic. I've always told myself next month will be the month. Then when I started the progesterone I thought ok now we got what we needed. And yet still no pregnancy. Next month will be two years I've been off BCPs and still nothing. Meanwhile my best friend is pregnant and knowing what I'm going through complained to me that her first month ended in a chemical and her second month trying was successful. It took her a whole TWO months. And she's still upset about the first month being a chemical. After two years of trying that's all I got was a chemical. I'm sorry for this huge article. I'm just so frustrated. I really don't know what do to with myself. This is consuming me and I really don't like the person I'm becoming. I am so SO thankful for you ladies. Without you guys I think I would have lost my mind by now. Although I fear I'm not to far from doing just that. :(

• (((hugs))) we have all been there. I have actually just started tuning out when the relax comments start. I know everyone means well when they say it, but I dismiss it because of their lack of education. But it is really hard when AF is around and your hormones are running wild. And I totally understand about expecting treatments to work right away. Every cycle since I started with the RE I convinced myself that this is it because I am doing so much more...I hope that this next cycle is it for you, but until then just know you are not alone.
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • 1baby4me im with you! I have never been an overly emotional person, and never felt the effects that getting your period gave most women. It seems that for the past 9 months since my husband and I have been ttc I get all emotional the day before my period (and idk if it is coming) and I cry all day over nothing. and the next day mother nature calls and tells me again that I am not pregnant.  And everyone around us now in the family keeps saying its my turn to have children, bc our siblings already have them.  That time of the month is never pleasant while ttc! I hate that 2 weeks between ovulating and my period it seems like an eternity just to be disappointed! I relate to your words and I'm glad you decided to vent! hang in there bc we are all in this together!
    Me 29 Dh 30
    ttc since fall 2012

started fertility aid March 2015
    2 failed iui
    ivf September 2015- no transfer due to no fertilization 
    Ivf November 2015- bfn
    ivf fet March 2016- BFP!!!! <3

• @nariadreaming: good article, made me cry :(  I wish I could send that out to everyone ugh lol

**siggy warning**

Me: 30 dx w/PCOS 7/13

DH: 31
    TTC 11/12
    started Metformin 9/13
    HSG, tubes open but narrow uterus... f/u with RE 3d u/s everything 'normal'
    2/14: hopefully 1st IUI... timing off before trip, waiting until 4/14
    3/27: POAS= BFP!!!
    3/28: beta#1: 108
    4/2: beta#2: 799
    4/11: u/s 6w1d EDD 12/4, 1 little penguin!

7/7:  We're having a girl!
    12/11: after lots of labor/delivery/nicu excitment baby Piper Mae born 1859 @ 8lbs, 21.5"

• I really don't know how you didn't either hang up for go off on a rampage!  I know people are only trying to be supportive, but when they haven't experienced IF they really just don't know what to say plain and simple.  I think we've finally weened our family off of the "just relax" thing....now they just tell us how brave we are, which is much better!
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • I'm so sorry it didn't happen for you this month. Sometimes I think it's human nature to just want to say something; not for us, but so that they can feel like they tried to help. It seems like people like your sis-in-law who got what you ant so badly without trying can't understand the overwhelming need and desire you have.  That or there are the people who know someone who knew someone who had a neighbor who went through fertility issues and everything turned out FINE for them! It is not in your head.  Your struggles are your truth and no one has the right, no matter what their intentions are, to make you feel any less deserving of your feelings. Stay strong =)
  • @FutureMrsW9 ... lol I don't know if I'd like being called brave. But I think that's just my current mood. I don't think anyone could say the "right" thing to me right now. lol I really can't thank you ladies enough. I'm on the verge of tears right now to have gotten such an overwhelming response of you guys. Thank you for cheering me up. :)

• @1Baby4Me I'm so sorry. The ignorance from family is the worst...I think it hits the hardest because they're supposed to be there for you. Before I got married, when I told my mom about my chromosomal disorder, the first thing she did was offer up her uterus and my sister's eggs. I felt like she was writing me off all together. I felt awful about the things I was thinking; I didn't want a 50yo woman carrying my child and I didn't want someone ELSE's eggs inside me. I'm sorry you had to deal with your SIL's drunken ignorance and I really hope this next cycle works out for you

@Nootbar Thank you for that article. It's hard to put words to what we're going through and this summed it up nicely...albeit emotionally :-)

@NariaDreaming Thank you for the article as well. I think if we end up caving and telling our families, I'll print this out and ask that they keep it in mind. 
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • All I can say is hugs and I feel ur pain... Tears :'(
  • @ brittney ... Exactly! I don't know how to put to words how I felt when my SIL offered me her uterus. One hand I get it and it's nice and all and thanks but in the other hand. I have just begun this journey. Dont be so quick to take this from me. I use to joke around all the time how I would wobble with a big belly. I couldn't wait for it. I want to so badly feel the baby's first kick. I've just started fighting for this and she wanted to take it away so quickly. I'm a very expressive person. The fact I don't have words for these new feelings is killing me. :-/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"