February 2013 Moms

Feeling like Supermom

Puck1182Puck1182 member
edited September 2013 in February 2013 Moms
I just need to brag for a moment.

After a good night's sleep past night, DD woke up happy and babbling to herself. We went to church with my mom, then I got her down for her morning nap. DH stayed home while I went to the grocery store to get the stuff we couldn't fun at the farmers market yesterday.

I stripped the diapers this afternoon while I made baby food. I made batches of peaches, apples, green beans and lentils (which, BTW, look like cat food when you purée them!), and DD had some quality time with her daddy.

She took an almost hour and a half afternoon nap, then she, DH, the dog and I went for a nice walk. When we got home I used some fresh, local produce to make butternut squash soup, roasted potatoes, and steamed broccoli for dinner.

I also did a load of DD's laundry and got that put away before her bath, and DD was fast asleep in bed by 8. It's probably one of the best, most productive day I've had in awhile.

I'm about to reward myself with a slice of pumpkin roll and a book.

Ok, now I want to hear everyone else's accomplishments. What have you done lately that's made you feel like Supermom? I want to get a thread going that's full of happy, positive stuff we can pat ourselves on the back for! :-)

Re: Feeling like Supermom

• We had a fantastic weekend! Yesterday DH and I traded off being with DS to get stuff done around the house. I washed, folded and put away DS' s laundry, mopped the floors and cleaned both bathrooms. DH vacuumed and mowed the lawn. Today we had a lovely family outing and went apple picking!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• This wasn't necessarily anything I did, but yesterday we were at a baby shower all afternoon and DD was so well-behaved. She barely made a peep (besides for a few happy yells) and just sat there happily, taking turns on my and my mom's laps. Then in the evening, I took her shopping at Kohl's and she did great riding around in the stroller. It just made me proud that she was so good everywhere we went and that I was able to successfully plan our day around her naps so that she was well-rested and not fussy.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Loading the player...
  • My DH was in China all week, and I actually managed to keep my kitchen and living room clean four of the days he was gone, as well as travel to and from my parents' house for the weekend with the baby and the dog alone, and I made a pot pie on Monday that was so good and allowed me to not cook all week.  I ended up making Rice Krispie Treats and chocolate chip cookies on Thursday night, but Friday was so crazy-busy that I never ended up cleaning my mess and DH came home Saturday morning.  Oh well, 4 out of 5 days isn't bad.

• I so wish I could add to this thread... but I just spent the past few days sick in my bed. I'm just proud of myself that DH, DS, and I are all still alive. :) Oh, and I folded laundry! Whoot!
  • The twins and I survived this long week - DH was gone working 75 hours this week (overnights) and I managed to somehow work 25 hours myself at night. Today I cleaned the house, organized the babies and DH's closet, returned items to the mall that have sat around for 2 months, took the boys to lunch without a meltdown and bought a double city mini for only $100 at a yard sale! I used up way too much energy this week but man did it feel good!
  • My house is picked up, not super clean but I'd actually answer the door and not feel embarrassed. I also did the cooking for DD and all the dinners for this week and part of next. This way I can come home from work and just stick them in the oven.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Last Sunday we took the girls to a farm and then later we went out for dinner. We were out of the house most of the day, and we stayed out far later than I expected. However, somehow there was NO STRESS and we actually had FUN! It didn't even hit me until after we were home and they were both in bed, but there were NO toddler meltdowns, and the baby didn't get fussy even though I was messing up her nap schedule. An outsider watching our little family last Sunday might have looked at us and thought "man, they really have it together." lol 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I survived three days at Disney last week with my three kids - one of which has ADHD, one who barely listens to his parents and a baby who rarely wants to be in a stroller.  We had very few meltdowns and no one got lost.  We also survived the plane ride to FL with three kids who had never flown and the baby came down with an ear infection the day before.  I was pretty sure this vacation was a recipe for disaster but thanks to careful planning it went great.
    Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

• I survived a 22-hour, 2-plane, 2 car-ride trip to get to my parents' house with DH and the DDs, and they were both very well behaved the entire trip (DH was, too, ;-)). We also now have the girls back on semi-normal schedules after a week of dealing with jet lag. While trying to deal with my own and their sleep deprivation, I finished up 2 big translation jobs and got almost all of the shopping done that I wanted to accomplish while I was here.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• On our way back from our camping and beach vacation that was belated by a month due to a car wreck last month. DD didn't get but a little sunburn the first day ( we all did ) and it is healing just fine, we got a compliment on our well-behaved baby by our neighbors at the camp ground, DD managed to eat a minimal amount of sand, and we are driving home blaring trance and she is asleep in the back happy as a clam :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"