April 2013 Moms

Zucchini Brownies

Debbie0580Debbie0580 member
edited September 2013 in April 2013 Moms
https://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/25112/zucchini-brownies?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=zucchini+brownies&e8=Quick+Search&event10=1&e7=Home+Page

I'm not sure if any of you have a boatload of zucchini like I do, but after I made DD like 3 trays full I still had more. So I made these and they are divine. I needed to share. :)
ETA: pretend the zucchini cancels out the 14 thousand cups of sugar that's in them. It will make you feel better.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Zucchini Brownies

• Omg thanks for sharing, these sound amazing!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm definitely making these!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've always looked past zucchini brownie recipes... are you saying these are as good as regular brownies? Or am I still going to crave real ones and then make them anyway? And I'm being totally serious!

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
  • Debbie0580Debbie0580 member
    edited October 2013
    @cece2682 you mean for LO? The bigger zucchini I cut the ends off and then cut the zucchini into chunks and scoop out any seeds. Skin on. Steam until translucent/soft and then blended them up. It's quite watery/runny so I just poured into ice cube trays to freeze. I don't add water or anything to them. I do add a bit of cereal to thicken it up a little when I feed it to her.

I use this website a lot. The fruits and veggie tabs at the top have most listed, especially first foods, with ways to prepare purée and sometimes recipes for when they get older.
    https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/summersquashbabyfoodrecipes.htm#.UkqG2qa9LCQ
  • @superToots I've made them twice now and I think they are as good as regular brownies but I'm not a brownie snob by any means ;) But I do really like chocolate and sweets. I followed the recipe exactly other than I skipped the walnuts. I skinned the zucchini before shredding it (my mom leaves it on so I'm not sure it makes a difference). They were super moist and yummy. The first time I made them I sent them to DHs work and all the girls there asked for the recipe. When I went to visit 2 weeks later they thanked me again and still talked about how good the brownies were.
  • @Debbie0508 sounds like a recipe I need to make :)

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"