August 2012 Moms

Cutting LO's Hair

Hello everyone!  I hope that everyone had a great weekend.  Currently our LO is starting to get a mullet (a cute curly one, but a mullet none the less), and needs a bit of a trim.  I had a couple of questions about doing this:

1- When is the best time to do this?  when he is sleepy, sleeping, or wide awake?

2- My DH thought about using a trimmer for his hair, his hair is really fine. Will it work or should i use scissors?

3- Should i put him in a high chair when i'm trimming his hair? or someplace else? 

Any other suggestions, ideas, or tips would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

1999- Dx Prolactinoma

8-25-2012 - Lucas born via C-section at 38 Weeks 2 days
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Cutting LO's Hair

• I would take him to a place that specializes in toddler/children haircuts! That way you and your husband can be there to help hold him, entertain him ect while a trained professional is cutting his hair. 
  • I have cut J's hair about 5 times now. I sit him on a towel, on the floor, in just his diaper. If DH is home, he'll read books to him while I cut it; if not, J gets to watch videos of himself on youtube.

There's no way I could do it when he's sleepy/sleeping. I've used scissors so far, but I will probably be getting trimmers in the near future. His hair grows so fast, there's no way I'm paying for it to be cut every 4-5 weeks.
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Here's a pic if you're curious. We keep it short on the sides and a little longer and curly on top.

SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the responses! I think I will try it tomorrow night perhaps with some snacks and perhaps some sesame street you tube videos. I'll let you all know how it turns out! 

BTW, thanks @bpaws! :-) 

1999- Dx Prolactinoma

8-25-2012 - Lucas born via C-section at 38 Weeks 2 days
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I won't be cutting LO's hair. It's big..and full of secrets.
  • i've been trimming DS's hair while he's in his high chair. i need someone else to feed him something or distract him, because otherwise he'll keep twisting his head around to see what i'm doing. i use a comb and scissors, and try to comb the hair straight up and then snip off the end pieces. we do have a clippers, but i'm a little nervous to use it on DS. i'm afraid i'll accidentally take off too much. at some point i am going to have to learn how to use the clippers, because i don't want to pay to get his hair cut constantly. but my aim now is just to keep it out of his eyes in the front and not let it get too long in the back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"