September 2012 Moms

Food stike, worried

DD seems to be on day 3 of a food strike. I am worried because she needs to gain weight and she's not eating so now the Pediasure in her bottles is not a supplement as it should be, but her only nourishment. She did poop today but she won't eat anything including her favorites like yo baby and green beans and waffle. When do I REALLY need to star panicking?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Food stike, worried

• Does she maybe have teeth coming through?

I may be in the minority, but I wouldn't let that bother me. She won't starve herself. Are you the same amount of hungry every day? Do you have days where you don't feel 100% so you don't eat as much? Kids are the same. :)
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • I would be wondering why. Have you called the pedi? She could be fighting something.

She won't take bottles either?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • LO has a strike once a month or so when she's teething. Will hardly eat at any meal (3 bites), and drinks less than usual. I can usually get her to eat bananas or take a pouch. I would let her go 5ish days of being a picky non-hungry goober before calling, but on the 4th day of totally refusing...and wet diapers becoming scarce... Maybe I'd call?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • She's taking bottles okay. I'll keep at it. Thanks ladies. It could be teeth..?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Try purees? Just recently had to do that.

I put a couple things on her tray so she could try, but had to end up spoon feeding.  I snuck those things on her tray on the spoon.

• I wouldn't worry too much if she is taking bottles. That was her primary nutrition for a while, so 3 days of just bottles won't make her malnourished.

If she will sip, maybe try a smoothie and see if she will sip it. E like mango, spinach, and plain yogurt blended up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"