Baby Names
Options

David for a Girl

allardrallardr member
edited September 2013 in Baby Names
So I randomly looked on Behind The Name at years past top 1000 lists. I chose by birth year and was looking to see if my name was on there. I have a total guys name, Ryan, so I wasn't sure. In my searching I found David-749 and Andrew-844 was on the GIRLS list. Now I know most probably cringe at my name (which was also on there at 392-mom says soap opera Ryan's Hope was big back then that's how she got the name) but come on correct me if I'm wrong but David & Andrew are far worse on a girl! Some people say mine Ry-Anne to make it more 'girly', although mine is pronounced normal. But David...does anyone know a female David/Andrew, I  am ok with unisex names but these seem super guy
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: David for a Girl

• Options
    :-O
    FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    There's some strange cross-gender usage over the years. On that site someone posted a while ago that shows how names have trended over the years, I saw that Monica and Jane have both been used (sparingly; never breaking into the top 1000) on men. Use of Andrew on a girl being frequent enough to break the top 1000 is pretty perplexing, though. OP, I love Ryan on a girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Drew on a girl, maybe (thanks to Barrymore breaking that barrier) but the full name Andrew, no. And David, definitely not
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    allardrallardr member
    edited September 2013
    Joy2611 said:
    So... I just looked on ssa.gov and found Andrew listed in the top 1000 names for girls as most recently as 1988! 

I... don't understand.
    Yah, 1988 is the year I looked up. Thank god it ended there at least...I wasn't sure if I was missing a culture link but these names seem very English to me.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We used an IE ending to David for our daughter.
  • Options
    Oy vey! I don't understand either... I'm mean why not add an "a" to David? Davida is a pretty, legit name and feminine too!

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Options
    RaeMason said:

As in Davie?
    Birthday

• Options
    Mrs.G123 said:

RaeMason said:

As in Davie?
    I assumed Davidie. @RaeMason?

• Options
    Wow... Nope, I haven't heard either of these on girls/women. There is an elderly lady at our church whose full first name is Jim. You can tell she still hates it. LOL   When she introduces herself to somebody she shakes her head and tells them she was the only girl out of a bunch of boys, and her parents still gave her a boys' name. I have to wonder what her middle name is and why she never started going by something else.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • Options
    As in Davie?

I'm curious, too. Is it pronounced like "David-ee" or "da-VID-ee," or something else I haven't considered? I've never encountered this name before and I'm interested in hearing more, @RaeMason.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Mrs.G123 said:

RaeMason said:

As in Davie?

I'm curious, too. Is it pronounced like "David-ee" or "da-VID-ee," or something else I haven't considered? I've never encountered this name before and I'm interested in hearing more, @RaeMason.

My guess was Da VID ee... Reminds me of that Daveny name that occasionally gets thrown around. Dying to know!

• Options
    Ugh David sounds super ugly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"