Cloth Diapering

Blistery Rash

I have been using Alva's for about a year now with a few bum genius's mixed in and since August my son has been getting a blistery rash off and on. I will get it to clear up and then it just comes back. I am wondering if it has something to do with my diapers. At first I thought it might be that I was using my mother's high effciency(?) washer and they were getting wet enough, but I have been using my own washer again for about a week and the problem is still occurring.

I wash my diapers on a cold prewash followed by a hot normal cycle. I use homemade soap (Dr. Bronners Baby, borax, washing soda, and water) It's the same thing I have been using all along.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I might try to clear up this rash and get it to stop coming back?

Re: Blistery Rash

• I'm really no expert, but could it be yeast? Ammonia burns? Hope you figure it out soon!!

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • You might need to strip them.  I'd say it's buildup from using that detergent with an HE washer.  Even though you're using the different washer now, the buildup would still be there unless you strip them.

It might also be yeast.  In which case you'd need to disinfect them with Tea Tree Oil and Grapefruit seed extract.  If it is yeast, baby's bum would need to be treated as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • that's the exact kind of rash my son gets!!! I have a front loader abd I swear it's killing ny cd experience :(
    Racheal- a newly single, student mom to 3 boys 

CC 10/2005
    NC 11/2009
    DC 08/2012

and TEAM GREEN 05/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"