September 2012 Moms
Options

WCM Question and Bathtub Pooping

Hi ladies. I'm having trouble finding a good answer for this, and we're not going to the doc for our 12 month appt for about 4 weeks because we're out of town until then. When LO is fully weaned from BM, which I hope to be in a couple weeks, how much WCM should he be drinking at a minimum? I know too much is bad for iron absorption, but I can't figure out what a good bottom number to shoot for is.

Also just want to share that my Eddie is now a bathtub pooper, too. Three days in a row. And you guys were right, it's the most disgusting thing.
*E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: WCM Question and Bathtub Pooping

• Options
    watercolor5watercolor5 member
    edited September 2013
    Our pedi said 16-24 ounces per day.

ETA: Sorry you're dealing with bathtub poopin'!  Hopefully it's a (quickly) passing phase!
  • Options
    We aim for 16-20oz, no more than 24
    (Formerly MamaBearKendy)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our pedi said 16-20oz.

• Options
    Mine said 12-16 with 20 being the highest.

You're going to hear a wide range of 8-24oz. as being acceptable. Shoot for somewhere in the middle. ;)
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • Options
    We were also told to aim for 12-16 ounces daily.

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• Options
    We were told between 12-24 we stay on the low end though
                  image     image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine may have said 16-24oz because DD is on the lighter side... I have heard that if you give less than 15oz or so of WCM, to make sure you are adding fats in other areas like yogurt, cheese, etc. 

Not sure how much the pedi's recommended ranges vary based on your baby's weight percentile.  I shoot for 3 sippies per day right now, and I think she's averaging about 18oz total, but I wouldn't want her to dip much lower than that at 7th percentile for weight.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  That helps! :)
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We were told 16-20. :)

• Options
    My pedi said up to 24 but if I serve her dairy (cheese, yogurt) to count that as one 8oz serving.
  • Options
    So, I have a follow up question.  If you are just giving 2 sippies of milk a day, then what are you giving the rest of the time?  Water, juice, what?  Our doctor never gave any specifications as to how much WCM LO should have so she has been having probably 3 to 4 sippies of milk a day.  (I know horrible momma right here)  We have been giving her water if she just wants something to suck on, but is that it?  Water and milk?

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options

So, I have a follow up question.  If you are just giving 2 sippies of milk a day, then what are you giving the rest of the time?  Water, juice, what?  Our doctor never gave any specifications as to how much WCM LO should have so she has been having probably 3 to 4 sippies of milk a day.  (I know horrible momma right here)  We have been giving her water if she just wants something to suck on, but is that it?  Water and milk?

Water. I'm not sure we will do juice anytime soon. G was on 3-4 of wcm. I don't think she went over th 24oz then but she became constipated so my pedi put the limit on 24oz or decrease oz if I give other dairy.

• Options
    I only do milk or water, even for my 2.5 year old. We don't buy juice and I'm not going to give them my Diet Dr Pepper ;)

Leo gets about 4 sippies of milk a day but there is only 4-5oz of milk so he is still in the 16-20oz range.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"