Cloth Diapering

OT Stopped by the cops

Okay, more randomness from me. I've been writing a book (in my head) at night to get myself to fall asleep. I've done this for years (not the same book); just another of my strange quirks. Anyway, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get my main character (who's on the run from Big Brother) around a road block in the middle of a rainy night. So I'm wondering...if you were on the run, how would you sneak past the cops. Keep in mind that your appearance will not be much different than normal except you'll have been in the woods for two days, and you can't show ID. And...go!

Re: OT Stopped by the cops

• Go through the woods?

If you need to buy time for the cops to leave... He could camp out in the trees or a cave? Maybe he finds an abandon cabin?
  • I'd find some way to divert the cops' attention from me.  So maybe report an emergency in the woods - like someone shot your friend or you seen a strange man dragging a crying kid into a cabin in the woods and you think the child was kidnapped -- or maybe find some way to create an explosion and sneak past when everyone's attention is on the explosion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Find a stray dog, fashion a leash out of some rope or other material and be seen by cops "walking the dog."
  • What kind of book are you writing in your head and is the character a man or woman? Woman and romance or thriller I say find the rookiest cop on the outskirts of the barricade, take advantage of your disheveled look and go up to him begging for help, say you've been attacked by a big, scary man. Point to the woods and when he turns to look with his hand on his gun, clock him on the head, knocking him out. Then arm yourself with his gun and slip past his checkpoint.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • I'm loving these ideas! Keep 'em coming!

• Mine was a pic of the glasses with the funny nose and moustache..... but apparently the bump doesn't find it funny.

• annathystannathyst member
    edited September 2013
    I do the exact same thing. I have about 3 different books in my head at the moment and I work on them to help fall asleep.

I only skimmed the responses, so forgive me if this has already been said but I would start the woods nearby (assuming the road runs through a wooded area) on fire. Yea it sucks burning Mother Nature but that could be a good distraction.

Eta spelling

imageimage

image           image

• Aww crap just remembered it's supposed to be a rainy night.... How about carjack someone then just ram through the road block..... Or set the car on fire.....

imageimage

image           image

• unaveragejaneunaveragejane member
    edited September 2013
    @annathyst You're cracking me up! Let's make the car explode. That would totally distract the cops! :D I love it!  However, I think I'm going with the suggestions of diversion tactic and have my main character tell the cops that she was carjacked so they'll all go chasing after the phantom bad guys while my two folks get over the bridge.

ETA  @tjkdlhb Your disguise was a close contender! :-B

• I am not alone!!!!!!!!! :-bd
    Racheal- a newly single, student mom to 3 boys 

CC 10/2005
    NC 11/2009
    DC 08/2012

and TEAM GREEN 05/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"