2nd Trimester
Options

Formula milk.

Under order from my consultant I'm unable to breast feed to be honest I'm happy with this as I didn't breast feed with my son.

I have lost a lot of work recently and wanted to try and get everything ready for when I finish and little one arrives.

With my son I used SMA is it risky buying to Many of these this time round ready for my newborn?

Re: Formula milk.

• Options
    I would wait, you don't want them to expire before you can use them. It's not like buying diapers ahead of time, formula goes bad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would wait. You never know how your LO is going to react to a certain formula. I supplemented with regular formula and DS would always throw it up. Not just spit up, he would projectile throw it all up. So then I tried the sensitive systems kind. Still not luck. I finally went to soy. I would have been very upset if I had bought a lot of formula in advance only to discover that it made my child sick and had to get rid of all it.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I see no reason to stockpile.  You'd be better off just setting some money aside every paycheck.
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just add money that you would spend on formula to a gift card or a savings account. I thought about starting to buy early since I already got a similar $10 off in the mail. I'm hoping to use Target brand this time around to save some money.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't stockpile anything before baby arrives other than clothes.  If you are worried about the cost, then start a "formula jar" like a rainy day jar that you can put some money aside each pay into it so that you'll have it ready when the baby arrives. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I don't stockpile anything either and esp. not formula.

Like pp it goes bad and you never know what kind of reaction their might or might not be. Also, I have a decent sized house but I still don't want store tons of something.

Also pretty soon the coupons will be constant, so you'll get a better deal in the long run. I'd just save in the meantime by adding to a gift card.

• Options
    KariB509 said:
    I would wait. You never know how your LO is going to react to a certain formula. I supplemented with regular formula and DS would always throw it up. Not just spit up, he would projectile throw it all up. So then I tried the sensitive systems kind. Still not luck. I finally went to soy. I would have been very upset if I had bought a lot of formula in advance only to discover that it made my child sick and had to get rid of all it.
    Same thing happened to me.  I was really young and didn't know what I was doing, so I bought a whole bunch of formula before DD was born.  Of course, she couldn't stomach it at all, and yes, it was projectile vomited everywhere.  Ended up on soy.  I would wait to buy, definitely.  You never know what your baby will be able to take.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"