July 2013 Moms

$5.99 carrier suggestions

Ok, I know this subject has been brought up about a zillion times already. 
LO and I are STRUGGLING with the damn Moby wrap.  I have watched the Youtube videos and followed all the instructions to a tee.  DH can do it, no prob.  I can not get it to wrap right, and its driving me nuts.  I'm ready to throw in the Moby towel, and I'm looking for suggestions on other, not so complicated carriers.  Possibly a more structured one...?
LO will be 9 weeks tomorrow but she's a little peanut at just over 10lb.  She's got good head control for her age though.  Any suggestions for this "wrap challenged" mama and her babe?
I'm so ready to baby wear!!!
TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: $5.99 carrier suggestions

• Is the Ergo ok for a newborn??  For some reason I thought they were for older babes. 
  • I have the Ergo and the insert and it works well for us. I use the mamma's milk sling a lot too though. He's napping in it as I write this.
  • Loading the player...
  • líllébaby COMPLETE Baby Carrier Airflow - Charcoal/Grey
    https://amzn.com/B008YLCUOG

I just ordered this. It seems to be designed like an ergo but the reason I liked it is because baby can face out (they can't with an ergo) and it doesn't need an infant insert.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • I loooove my mei tai! I have a bunch of carriers and it's definitely my favorite.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Ditto suggestion of an ergo. I ditched the infant insert when he was two months and 9lb10oz. I love how easy it is and how well supported I feel carrying him.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • I love my Becco Soleil ! It's much like the Ergo but has some really awesome features the ergo does not. You'll have to pick up an infant insert but it super comfy and easy to use. I love my moby wrap but needed something that was a tad bit easier to use and much faster to get on so after a ton of research and trying on some other brands I decided on the Becco mainly because it allows the straps to cross in the back . When I tried on the ergo with my third I felt like the straps were going to fall off my shoulders so I wanted something that felt more secure.
  • The ktan is the same concept as a moby but much easier to put on

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ThAv6JeVmA&amp;desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1ThAv6JeVmA#

I love mine!
  • Awesome suggestions!  I had been leaning towards the Ergo...I think I may just go ahead and order one now.  Thanks ladies!!!!
  • We have the ktan (love it!), ergo (it's ok) and the baby bjorn miracle comfort (love it!)
  • I love my Miby but I have an Ergo too and I love that. I would suggest the Ergo with newborn insert.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Baby K'tan would be great for your LO.   Mine is 11 1/2 weeks and 16 lbs, it just doesn't work for us anymore, but I did like it when he was a newborn. 

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Love the Beco Gemini. No infant insert required, and we started using it soon after she was born (around 9.5 lbs). It's easy to switch between DH and me wearing it, and very comfortable.

For around the house, I love my ring sling. She can look out easily, and I also can nurse in it.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Another vote for the Becco Soleil. I love mine! We took her to an Oktoberfest yesterday and I stood for 3 hours with her without issue. No pain for me and she slept the entire time!
  • I love my ergo. I bought the infant insert, but now that she is 3 months and over 12 pounds. I have been using it without.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"