December 2013 Moms

Bra recommendations?

I've already bought new, bigger bras once this pregnancy but I think I need to go buy even bigger ones. I'm 27 weeks now. Is it too soon to go ahead & buy nursing bras? Surely these girls can't grow much more! Either way, regular or nursing bras, what brands do you guys like?

Re: Bra recommendations?

• I went to Victoria's Secret and tried on a few until I found some that were comfortable. It's definitely a very personal thing, something that works for one person won't work for the next. Definitely try them on.

I'm a C cup when pregnant, A when not. My sister is the same and she said she didn't bother with the nursing bra, it was easier to just whip out a tit when you needed one so I'm planning on doing the same, it will save me from having to buy nursing bras! But if you're bustier, that may not be a feasible solution.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Loading the player...
  • Bravado is outstanding!
  • Love bravado bliss!!
  • I just went to motherhood maternity. Buy 3 bras get one free and they measured me and helped me pick out a few. I went from a barely 36 C to a now 44 D. And already broke my other bras or couldn't fit in them.
  • Pea in the Pod wireless nursing bras. You won't be disappointed! (At least in the comfort level, tr lack of wires make boobs saggy but I'm more in comfort mode now!!!)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Pretty much all I've worn all pregnancy is a bra I ordered from spanx, very comfy but still gives a bit of push up without underwire :) I'm not huge though, 34C
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • If it's not a cup size issue, but a widening issue - purchase a couple of bra extenders ($2-4/- pair) - they have been awesome for my 2 growth spurt!
  • Just adding to my comment this morning about the Bravado. It is so great if you need help smoothing out the little wings (aka extra back fat). It has a pretty wide band which is not only comfortable but it really supports and smoothes everything. My experience with underwire nursing bras from motherhood maternity were horrible. They didn't last and the damn wire digs ESPECIALLY when you fill up. I BF DS for 14 months and the Bravdo was the only thing that lasted without me modifying it.
  • Thanks ladies! I'm off to do some shopping now :-)
  • micino said:

Just adding to my comment this morning about the Bravado. It is so great if you need help smoothing out the little wings (aka extra back fat). It has a pretty wide band which is not only comfortable but it really supports and smoothes everything. My experience with underwire nursing bras from motherhood maternity were horrible. They didn't last and the damn wire digs ESPECIALLY when you fill up. I BF DS for 14 months and the Bravdo was the only thing that lasted without me modifying it.

Which Bravado do you prefer? And what size are you? Do they run large or small?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Is there a store you can buy bravado at? Or online only? I read how to size yourself but I'd much rather try on if available in store somewhere
  • I am normally a large 34B but while BF I am a very full 36-38 C boarderline. My issue was the back fat that accumulated. It made me look lumpy from behind. I bought thier tradition version size large and it is perfect. They had a huge success with that and that is the one I love too. I am even using it now just for the sheer comfort level. If the size isn't right they have free returns. Plus just a FYI, there are 4 sets of 4 hooks which is great because it makes it VERY adjustable and stable. It won't slide up if you get heavy wih milk or sides ways. I lost 80 pounds over the course of a year after my first pregnancy and all the while I NEVER changed this bra while BF for he full 14mos
  • I really appreciate all the input ladies! As it turns out, my cup size hasn't changed, just my chest circumference. I love the term "wing" rather than back fat. Apparently I have grown wings :-) I bought a few different brands in my new size & I am loving feeling comfy & not squished this morning! I went ahead and bought nursing bras, hoping I won't grow much more & can use these for a while.
  • I think the nursing event is going on at Destination Maternity now (buy 3, get 1 free). I did that last time and I really like A Pea in the Pod nursing bras (without underwire). SO comfortable! They have it a couple times a year, I think. I wouldn't go too crazy yet though, because you just can't be sure how much the girls will grow once your milk comes in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tarashea- me too!! I was a 36c now I'm a g/h. I've been to boutiques, materinty stores, nordstroms, &Bloomingdales. I love love the bravado bliss but I'm not sure it's going to fit- the last size they make is h/I and only online. So who knows what size I am going to be when my milk comes in. The g/h are getting small now :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"