3rd Trimester

Concern or normal?

I have been lucky enough to have no swelling throughout my pregnancy... until two days ago.  Now my feet are so swollen I can't fit into shoes and my fingers look like tiny sausages.  I know this can be a sign of high blood pressure. Is it worth contacting my doctor or should I contribute this to a growing baby?

Re: Concern or normal?

• I only swelled up twice before 3rd tri. Now random swelling is normal for me. I can't comment on your situation though, only a doc can.
    VOTE on my Name List
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If you want a little more info head over to a pharmacy and use one of their blood pressure machines. If your BP is up definitely call you dr.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd call. Usually lower extremity swelling is normal. But my OB said any sudden swelling or upper extremity swelling should be checked.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• If you want a little more info head over to a pharmacy and use one of their blood pressure machines. If your BP is up definitely call you dr.

This. I would go check at a pharmacy and then if high, call dr. If you were working or doing something physical, or if its really hot where you are that could explain the swelling but best to check BP
  • Yes! My hubby put the couch cushion under my feet and I have slept like that since then. My feet feel much better till around 6 pm and I have to walk alot at work.
  • If you're walking around a lot, presumably your arms are at your side...dangling...and therefore they will get swollen just from having them at your sides.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't swell at all with DS until the day we left the hospital. 
    With this pregnancy I've swelled in my fingers and toes but it seems to only happen when it's really hot outside or I've been walking a lot. 
    When in doubt call the doc.
  • I'd call. Usually lower extremity swelling is normal. But my OB said any sudden swelling or upper extremity swelling should be checked.

This!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"