2nd Trimester

Registering for baby bottles?

I've read you should register for a few bottles from different brands until you find out what the baby likes. What about the size of bottles for newborns? How many bottles did you register for?

Re: Registering for baby bottles?

• I registered for the Medela breast pump and this comes with a few infant sized bottles (5 oz). I then registered for one Tommy Tippee 9 oz, one set of three Dr. Brown's 8 oz wide neck bottles (recommended by a family member), and one Lansinoh Momma 8.4 oz. I registered for the bigger ones because I will be nursing and figured that once I switched over I'd be using the bigger ones. Also, I'll buy more of the smaller ones if I decide I need them. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just am using avent, they have the two sizes I am aware of. I have tons of bottles from my niece I just registered for all the different nipples that go along with the bottles.

I wouldn't do too many diff ones or you will have a bunch of styles and sizes baby refuses to use.

I have know quite a few people who use this brand I am not extremely worried about it. Maybe you could just try diff nipple shapes instead of diff bottles.
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't ever do the little bottles they just seemed like a waste to me. I used the bigger bottles and just filled them less full when the baby was smaller. Saved money so I wasn't buying the 5 oz and the 9oz bottles. I really like the tommee tippee brand.
  • DS only used the small bottles for 2 months if that then we needed to switch to the bigger ones. I would just get the big ones. I ended up with 8 of each size.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree I'd skip the little bottles as they are only usable for a few weeks- we used tommee tippee and my lo loved them I also bought a few dr browns which he didn't care for you could start off with two types and see which they prefer then go from there!
  • Has anyone found the tommy tippee bottles not fitting into your diaper bag well/taking up too much room in the bag? They seem like they'd be bulky to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"