2nd Trimester

Trying not to freak out! Rant

My husband lost his job in the beginning of July, and insurance ran out at the end of that month. I applied for Medicaid in IL,and have been dragged through the ringer. I explained this to my Dr.'s office, and they were understanding, and let me go to my August appt without payment. But they did let me know that it would be $80 out of pocket for every appt thereafter that I didn't have insurance. I woke up early mornings to go to the aid office to ensure I could get covered, and they have dragged the entire process out. Sept 20th rolled around and it was supposed to be my 20 week checkup/anatomy scan. I had to miss it because I had no information on my insurance and could not afford out of pocket expenses at the time. I finally got someone on the phone and they told me I HAD been approved as of Sept 13th (gee, thanks for telling me), but only until Sept 30th (WHAT?!?!) So I made an appt for the 27th, only for the dr's office to call me 40 minutes and cancel it. I rescheduled for the 30th, but I'm such a worrywart. I hate missing appts, especially when it's as important as my unborn. I'm praying my appt is kept, and they will see me and tell me good news. The baby has been kicking like crazy, but deep down I need that confirmation from my OB that my little one is healthy. 
imageimage

Re: Trying not to freak out! Rant

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"