November 2012 Moms
Options

not sure i will make it through football season

I like football.. I enjoy watching games and the whole season of fun.  that said, I am not obsessed.. and I cannot get sooo into it that I can't focus on things like.. umm .. the baby!  I get the feeling there will be many a night where dad's focus will not be on helping out.. and I get tired just thinking about it... looks like he scored a free ticket to go watch the raiders play tomorrow.....sigh
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: not sure i will make it through football season

• Options
    You have my sympathy. Maybe I should say empathy because DH is the same way, and we only have
    1 tv, so I have just gone to bed early some nights while he's watching football.
  • Options
    Between watching it and doing his fantasy league and watching the show the league. . . . I AM OVER IT! I have always loved football until now. I asked him to watch her while i ran to target sunday and he said "NO, im watching football" This season can not end quick enough.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more with all of you! My DH is away for work all week and then consumed with fantasy (AND to make matters worse he's the "commissioner" of his league). On Sunday it's as if he forgets he has a child!

Its even worse if Giants have a home game bc he has season tickets! For a 1:00 game they leave at 8:00 am and for a 4:00 game they leave at 10:30. Then Sat is consumed with "I have to food shop and prepare for the tailgate."

Ummm....hello? Im pretty much a single mom all week long......Do you think maybe LO and I could maybe get 20 min of your attention this weekend? Or dare I say can I have some alone time while you take care (yes, take care of, not babysit!) of our son?

Last night he went out "for a few drinks with the guys." "I won't be home late." Famous last words. While listening to LO scream for an hour last night at midnight I guess that wasn't late yet? Or I guess 2:00 am wasn't late either? He BETTER not pull football crap today!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @jg1011 I wish we knew each other IRL.  V and S could hang and our men could be twins together...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I have the opposite problem - I want to watch 1 college game each Saturday and I'm perfectly able to play with LO while the game is on, but DH hates football. He thinks it's a waste of time and always has some big project that we both need to be doing when the game's on. Frustrates me! >:P

• Options
    We are a football family here too.  Notre Dame and the Cowboys run this house.  We are asking for heartbreak most weeks.

• Options
    JKVogt said:
    DH and I both love football. It is on all weekend. Neither one of us gets lost in it though. He is currently snuggling K while watching pregame.
    Same

DH used to be much worse but thankfully he's realized that he still has to be a dad first.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"