September 2013 Moms
Options

XP (Facebook Group) - Full Time Job vs. Part Time Job

Ok ladies I need some opinions...right now I'm going to be working 2 P/T jobs when I go back. One is an 8-5 at $12-13/HR, MWF. Then on TWR at $15/HR from 6pm-9pm is the other. This money will only be slightly more than what I was making previously full time (basically just supplements what I lost by going P/T). I have a possible opportunity to be salary at 35k base and then commission in a full time position at another company. I could work from home on days she may be sick etc. I would miss out on the 2 days at home with her though (which was appealing to me!) but it's a significant amount of money which would be great and relieve some financial stress. What would y'all do in the situation? Take the F/T making more, or continue with the P/T jobs an get to have 2 days with LO?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP (Facebook Group) - Full Time Job vs. Part Time Job

• Options
    How does the cost of childcare factor into both scenarios?
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Options
    Your schedule with two PT jobs sounds exhausting to me. I know you'll be home with her during the day Tuesday and Thursday but you're still working 5 days per week and a 13 hour day each Wednesday. Working evenings is tough wth small kids. I'd probably go for the FT job.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Child care would go up 200 a month but after all bills etc I'd have easily an extra 300 a month than with childcare for the P/T jobs. I have no benefits at either of the P/T so that would be a plus with the full time. The new job is doing what I do now during the day just more "formal" and more in depth. My current company sucks as far as owners go and how it's ran and high turnover because people can't stand how they handle things.
  • Options

What's the difference in benefits? 401k, health insurance, life insurance, disability, etc

How many hours are the pt jobs and how many are you expected to work ft? Any overtime with any jobs?

Which job do you think you'll like the most?

25.5 hours for my day time job and 9 hours each week for the evening. The other is 40 hours and if I needed to stay home with baby I can work from home etc. when she's sick or doctors appointments etc.
  • Options
    Full time.
  • Options
    The FT job sounds way better to me based on hours, flexibility and benefits.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"