Breastfeeding

Time to cut back on BF?

I can't make up my mind if I am ready to just nurse mornings and nights or not.  I have EBF my DS who is almost 7 months old.  I am thinking of cutting back our nursing and giving him bottles of BF from my freezer stash for midday sessions.  Last week he started to bite on my nipple with his new teeth and I am getting tired of pumping at work.  I enjoy nursing him in the morning and night, but on the weekends he wants to nurse for every feeding and I feel like I am not enjoying it as much as I used to especially now that he bites me sometimes.  However, I also don't want to refuse to give him the breast since he is teething and is comforted by it.  Do you think I should try to just do mornings and nights after he is feeling better?  That was my plan until this weekend, DS was sick and teething and wanted to nurse all day, so that's what we did.  Now I'm afraid that my supply will be boosted again and I'll have to continue pumping at work next week.   Any suggestions on how to cut back and not have it be too hard on DS?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Time to cut back on BF?

• Thanks for the advice!  I tried offering DS a bottle of pumped BM this weekend but he refused each time.  He actually nursed more than ever this weekend so it looks like we will be continuing.  I really don't want to deprive him of it since he loves it so much.  I know I can make it a couple more months if it's what he wants.  I am just a tired mama...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"