April 2013 Moms
Options

Help with eczema!

I'm guessing LO has eczema....his legs are covered with round, red, blotchy areas, which are also dry and flaky. He also has a few round spots on his tummy. Comparing it with pics online makes me think it's eczema, but do I need to go to doctor? Has anyone had experience treating this without seeing the doc? What did you use that was successful?

Re: Help with eczema!

• Options
    I got eczema really badly when I was pregnant & still have it. I use coconut oil and aquaphor. Honestly nothing makes its go away completely but just make it itch way less & makes the appearance look a little better.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I would go to the doctor because to some eyes ringworm can be mistook for eczema. It would be a 'just in case' type of thing.

Other than that, I have heard coconut oil helping with it, when I bought it for his cradle cap, my aunt used it on her eczema spots and she said it helped a lot. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get patchy eczema and so does DS. Cetaphil seems to work the best for us. And I use Aveeno baby soap for him, but not every bath.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    goat milk lotion cures eczema
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Coconut oil took away DS' excema quickly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We switched bath soaps to Aveeno cream cleanser and put Aveeno eczema relief lotion on followed by Aquaphor. I read that doing this helps keep the moisture from the lotion in the skin. Also, we switched laundry soap. We were using a generic free and gentle sop and switched to All free and gentle. One of these things or a combo of them made LOs eczema pretty much non-existent. We will have small flare ups from time to time.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    We battled eczema extensively with DD1, and our pedi really helped us get through several rough bouts.  It will likely get worse as winter rolls around and you may need a prescription at some point.  

DD seems to do best with Dove and Cetaphil soaps, lots of coconut oil, followed by a layer of aquaphor.  

It can be caused by food or airborne allergies, so just be careful when trying new foods :) Took us a while to figure out strawberries caused quite a reaction!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Interesting!  I'm dealing with some pretty bad eczema in one of my twins (weird it's only one since they are ID).  Anyway, I gave the girls pears about a week ago and stripped them down to save their clothes.  The one with the more sensitive skin had it running all down her back.  Everywhere she had friction with the pears, she had a rough patch.  I thought maybe it was just from the friction since she is more sensitive than the other, but maybe it was a real sensitivity to the pears themselves... hmmm.  She actually still has the spots, but I haven't tried pears again yet.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"