October 2012 Moms
Options

so how have you started WCM?

How have you introduced this? How do you plan on doing this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: so how have you started WCM?

• Options

We just intro'ed about 0.5 oz last weekend.  He did great.  I plan to give it to him again this weekend & if he doesn't have any ill effects (he was MPI until around 9 months) then I'll start mixing 1 oz in with 4 oz of BM for his daycare bottles & slowly wean myself off the pump at work!! Wooo hoo.

I'll probably keep giving 1oz WCM and 4oz BM for 3-6 a while since I have a pretty decent sized freezer stash to use up.  Then we'll transition to 1/2 and 1/2 and eventually all WCM somewhere in between 15 and 18 months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options
    Just gave her 4 oz in a bottle today for the first time.  She didn't seem to know the difference between WCM and BM.  

She's never had a problem with dairy.  So far so good!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've just started this weekend putting an ounce into his bottle with the formula. I suspect he might be lactose intolerant, so I want to take it slow with him and when I can be around to monitor the effects.
  • Options
    I just replaced the formula with WCM and she took it...didn't seem to be phased by it.
  • Options
    I don't know if it is because he has a horrible cough or if the whole milk in his bottle bothered him this evening, but he spat up all over his blanket.
  • Options
    Did you all get the clearance from your pedi's to introduce cows milk....or are you just going ahead with it now that we're so close to 1 year?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Did you all get the clearance from your pedi's to introduce cows milk....or are you just going ahead with it now that we're so close to 1 year?
    I think at 9month appointment my pedi had said it was fine to introduce.  Plus, we are so close to 1year anyway.  So at 9 month I did introduce it to my LO little bits at a time.  Since he turned 11month a few weeks ago I've been replacing a nursing session or daycare bottle with WCM.  He does not seem to care and has had no bad reaction to it.  I am hoping to wean him off BM bottles by the time he turns 1.
  • Options
    I was having milk and oreos tonight and Emma wanted some milk so I let her have a few sips, she seemed to really like it and wanted more but I cut her off after 2 sips. She is just turning 11 months so I may start giving her some in her sippy at dinner in place of her water, we still EBF & she hasnt had a bottle in over a month so we will see how it goes. I want to partially ween her at a year.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    We discussed the switchover at the 9 month appointment so we've slowly been starting it over the last week...her birthday is Thursday

• Options
    Im excited to reach this point we have to get results from an exam this week so i will check on pedi recc then but we got the green light to feed him more food less bm/formula at 9 mos appt. Everthing but usual eggs honey etc
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I want to stop pumping so bad - so I wanted to see how he is going to handle dairy.  On Wednesday I gave him 1oz in the morning bottle.  That went fine so yesterday I did 1oz in the morning and night bottle.  Today I went 2oz in the morning bottle and I'll do 2oz in the evening bottle.

I've also dropped a pumping session...yay!

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • Options
    We are waiting until the 1 year appt on Oct 8.  DS doesn't seem to have any allergies or reactions to dairy but I would rather wait until we met with the doctor.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"