January 2013 Moms

Distracted eater

DS loves to eat, but this week he would rather play with his food. The weird thing is that it's only at dinner time. He eats fine at lunch but at dinner it's all I can do to get him to eat. I'm not complaining, it's just funny. He makes the biggest messes trying to feed himself. Anyone else suffering from distracted eating 2.0!
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Distracted eater

• Yes! But mostly while trying to bf before bed. I told DH it's like wrestling with a monkey. Arms and legs flying everywhere! On days she doesn't eat well, she ends up waking up at 2am hungry.
    She is better at eating other stuff now than she used to be. She still tries to feed herself, but will let me do it most of the time. I gave her a spoon once to distract her so I could get some food to her mouth without her grabbing my spoon. She used her spoon as a ninja weapon. Food was flying everywhere. A big mess!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ninja weapon...check! Benjamin does the same when I give him a distraction spoon. He ends up with food in his hair and eyebrows every time! Annoying dog....check! The dog hovers until we are done but i swear Benjamin thinks the dog is playing hide and seek. He can't do anything until he knows where she is, then I must quickly chase his mouth with the spoon to get a bite in before the dog moves! Lol!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"