Breastfeeding
Options

Looking for a BFing refresher of sorts

I have EBF all of my children, with my youngest being just 2 weeks old, however its been almost 3 full years since the last time I breast fed and I can't for the life of me remember how long these hot flashes last for.  It does not matter if I sleep in pants, shorts and a shirt, or a nightgown at night, I wake up drenched with sweat every night.  I am pretty sure this is all related to the fluctuation in hormones, but I can't remember how long this will last for???

Re: Looking for a BFing refresher of sorts

• Options
    4.5 months, still every night...
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I figured these night sweats were definitely hormonal but I had no idea they were related to BF! Explains a lot though! ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO will be one month old tomorrow and it is only happening to me a couple of times a week.

I am sure there are foods you can eat to help. Also, I do reusable wet wipes for my kids and when I wake up to nurse and change LO I kind of wipe my neck face and chest just to get the gross off if me. You could do it with just washcloths though. I make up a bowl of water with a pea sized amount (at the very most) of baby oil. Soak the wipes, ring out, store in a closed bag, box, ziplock container, whatever. Either hang them to dry or make sure they are washed every couple of days to avoid mildew.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"