July 2012 Moms
Options

Babysitter vent

I'm using care.com to find sitters. I specified that Thursday night availability is necessary, as we often have events and appointments on Thursdays. I can't tell you how many girls have replied with "I'm available every night except Thursday night." Girl! Read!

That said, some great girls have applied as well and I think we're going to get some good sitters.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Babysitter vent

• Options
    I had massive luck with Care.com.  We just needed an occasional date night sitter but we got over 60 applicants in 36 hours.  It was crazy!

• Options
    @kitchencolors I had no intention of being picky but the sheer number of applicants allowed me to weed out people for "silly" reasons.  Obviously I started with the applicants with excellent ratings, recommendations, and experience... but impressively many, even most, had all that.  It was really surprising.  So at that point I eliminated anyone outside our immediate local area (this town and the one next to it), people under 20 or over 40, or anyone who applied with lackluster spelling and grammar!  I mean, none of those things even remotely indicate that they would be less than great with my kids but I HAD to come up with ways to narrow it down. 

I finally brought it down to six top applicants and interviewed them all, having them meet the kids.  I kept info for four and hired one who stood out as a real fit for us.  Then I cancelled my care.com account.  ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"