July 2013 Moms
Options

Discovering Hands?

What does this mean exactly? Someone asked me recently if Hunter had discovered his hands, and I really don't know exactly what they meant. He doesn't have much arm control still, so I'm thinking he hasn't yet?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imageimage

Re: Discovering Hands?

• Options
    Dccornel said:

I think you'll know when he does.  My guy did recently and I noticed him looking at things and actually focusing to grab them. 

This. She has also noticed her feet, which is hilarious. She stares very intently at them, moves them about, and tries to reach them.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    My DS always is putting his hands in his mouth. So I think he has discovered them. I read something online that said it's something that happens around the 2 month mark. It's a way of self soothing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    babykk said:
    My DS always is putting his hands in his mouth. So I think he has discovered them. I read something online that said it's something that happens around the 2 month mark. It's a way of self soothing.
    That's what I thought too. I guess it's more of them really seeing them, not just sucking on them. I'm excited to see that in her!
    Lisa 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Got it! Thanks!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    When people ask me, I'm like I guess. P always crams her hands in her mouth so I guess she found them? From what I understand, they're supposed to look at them like it's the first time they've ever seen them.
    This. 
  • Options
    mslmk11 said:

babykk said:

That's what I thought too. I guess it's more of them really seeing them, not just sucking on them. I'm excited to see that in her!

Yeah that makes sense. I guess he does look at them, then continues with the sucking. Lol :)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am sitting here watching DS looking at his hands like they are the most amazing things ever.  Then he puts them down, looks around, and brings them back to his face and stares some more.  Such a serious face!
    Eff Yeah! Mighty Ducks
    Oct '14 September Siggy Challenge
    Teenage Crush

DD: E, 8/20/11
    DS: N, 7/11/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, staring at them like they are amazing and that look on their face like "what is this"? My dd has been cramming her hands in her mouth and now shrieks while doing it, then gags and chokex a little.....lol

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MyrrhajMyrrhaj member
    edited September 2013
    They are too damned cute
    when they do this! LO has just started holding his hands in what looks like a villainous, plotting-the-end-of-mankind pose, before eventually going cross-eyed from staring whilst trying to devour them.
     photo 4e45a05e-3ae9-47cc-8426-add6bb675340_zps983d487a.jpg
                photo d2dcf996-bfd5-4c24-9964-9fec17650083_zpsa207334b.png               

• Options
    Nadia sucks on her hands all the time. but she does not look at them much. but she thinks her feet are the most amazing things ever. it's so funny, she'll be crying and then stop to check her feet out.

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"