Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How many naps?

If I remember right, don't most LOs drop down to 1 nap around 12 months? Just curious, how old is your LO and how many naps do they usually take?
My DD is almost 10 months and has been resisting the morning nap more but I can tell she still needs it. Sometimes it ends up super short and other times it's the usual length, about 1 hr 20 min. She usually only takes 2 naps

Re: How many naps?

• My LO takes 2 naps sometimes 3 depending on how busy the day has been,
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DD just turned 12 months and is still taking 2 naps a day, sometimes 3. She wakes up at 7am and will take her first nap late morning around 9-10am and then naps again in the afternoon. Naps usually last an hour, sometimes 90 minutes. If her afternoon nap is early, she might take another short nap between 6-7pm. She goes to sleep late usually around 9:30 to 10pm.
  • Loading the player...
  • 9 months and still 3 naps a day sometimes an extra one or two. Morning, noonish, afternoon and sometimes one in the evening.
  • DS is 10.5 months and consistently takes 2 naps a day.  First nap is between 1hr5m to 1hr30m; second nap is usually 1.5 hrs.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DS took two good maps until he was almost 18 months. DD is 10 months and I'm lucky if she takes two. All kids are different.

• We are going through the same thing!! Everything I read seems to indicate they still need to naps but that some babies go through a phase where the refuse naps. This blog actually summarizes everything I keep reading https://www.hellobee.com/2012/06/05/dropping-to-one-nap-when-is-it-time/ I think I am going to try putting him down later for his 1 st nap and then cutting it short as suggested. Today my LOwoke up at 7:30 am stayed up until 12:30!!! I knew he was tired but nothing worked to get him down. After lunch I took him up and went to sleep no problem...but again I am going to try for two naps
    1st BFP 10/11/11. MMC 9wks 3days.Measuring 6wks 1day D&C 11/15/11 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers "http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS2 takes just one good nap per day. He was on 2 naps until he moved to the Cruiser room at daycare, where 85% of the kids have already transitioned to one nap. He was always having too much fun and too distracted to take the much needed morning nap, so over time, he transitioned to just one nap per day. 

DS1 didn't transition to one nap per day until maybe closer to 18 months? I cant really remember. I don't mind the one nap/day though b/c that allows us to be out and about a little more and not have to be so worried with missing his naps. I consider myself a nap nazi. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

View Raw Image'>

• right now we're at 2 naps, one a few hours after waking and one more around 3 or 4. however, she likes to fight the 2nd nap A LOT even though everyone (including herself) knows she's exhausted. that's the time the grandparents come home, so she gets all excited lol. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Lurking, but my son is JUST going to 1 nap now and he's 19.5 mo. We had a few false starts since about a year old where it really seemed he was going down to 1 nap but they never panned out.

• Typically we do a morning and afternoon, but if he wakes unusually early (sometimes happens) or his naps are extra short we still do a third cat nap in the late afternoon.
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • 12 months is young to drop to 1 nap.  Not to say it's not possible, as others said, every baby is different, but the average age to drop to one nap is actually closer to 18 months.  My DS was 18 months when he dropped to 1.  DD just turned 9 months and takes 2.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • DD is 10months and over the last week started dropping her morning nap. She used to always nap 2 hours after she woke up for the day but lately she isn't giving me any sleeping cues at the usual Time. It's been several days in a row now that she's only been taking one nap after lunch, lasts 3 hours. So we're tentatively down to 1 nap, at least for now.
  • My twins are almost 9 months (8 months adjusted) and take 3 naps a day, about an hour each nap. They nap at 6:30 am, 10:30am, 2:30pm and go to bed at 6:30 pm.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DD is 8.5 month and has consistently taken two naps since around 6/6.5 months. She wakes up around 7 and takes a nap around 9:30/10 and again at 2:30/3. back down for bed between 7 and 7:30

• right now we're at 2 naps, one a few hours after waking and one more around 3 or 4. however, she likes to fight the 2nd nap A LOT even though everyone (including herself) knows she's exhausted. that's the time the grandparents come home, so she gets all excited lol. 
    Same here!  She goes down so easily for her morning nap which is crazy since it's shortly after she wakes up from sleeping through the night.  She fights us all the time for her afternoon nap and we don't do anything at that time of day, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"