July 2013 Moms
Options

Feeling a lil sad today

LO has been at daycare for 1 week now.  I thought I was doing really good about it until last night.  This probably will sound childish and dumb but it made me sad so I'm going to vent.  I post a pic on facebook of lo for her 12 weeks yesterday.  Daycare gal and her mom (who also helps out parttime and I have known them for years) are the first to post a comment. Which is fine- they love her and love on her all day- which I'm thankful for.  However my daycare gal posted something to the effect of, "Oh give her love for me.  Oh wait I get to love on her all day long.  Love her so much."  Now of course me being sensative and a tad over sensative about leaving my lo- just starts crying.  It made me feel really jealous that I'm not with lo all day long and loving on her.  I am happy she is getting loved on- bc she deserves that but just thought it didn't need to be said.  She knows i have a hard time with it and ive been so happy with her so far- she sends me pictures and updates me when I ask.  My sister said she didn't take it bad and maybe it's just bc I'm sensative and so tired.  Ugh...just having a rough one today.  I should probably just be thankful for the time I have with her and not dwell on the time I don't.  Thanks for the vent.  Being a working mom is hard dangit.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Feeling a lil sad today

• Options
    I don't know how you ladies do it! I'm so thankful I get a year...

I think your provider had the best intentions with her post, but that doesn't mean you're wrong to feel sad... But it sounds like you have a wonderful situation! Photos and updates of how your LO is doing? I can't imagine a better relationship with a DC! .
  • Options
    Yeah you are probably right.  I shouldn't complain bc DD is getting loved on all day and she's the only baby there and I think there is usually only 3 other kids there during the day.  Just hard to hear and think about some days.

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think the daycare gal meant the comment as snarky but I know I would have felt like you. I agree that it is okay to CIO and give that babe lots if cuddles... No one can replace mama
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Hugs! I can't imagine leaving DD every day. I have a hard time letting someone watch her for a few hours. Snuggle your baby and love on her as much as you can. :) she clearly has a mom who loves her!
  • Options
    :( I feel for you. I go back to work on Tuesday and I've been crying all week about it...literally all day. Although the comment was innocent it would upset me too (yay hormones). I'll admit it - I'm jealous of my mom who will be watching her when I'm at work

imageimageimage

• Options
    It's a completely normal reaction to have but as mentioned you seem to have a really good situation with the updates and photos and try to concentrate on that. And the days you want to cry, go ahead and let it all out!

• Options
    I would probably feel the same way that you do.  I get really stabby when family members call P "my baby".  Um, no.  He's not yours lol
  • Options
    I think she overstepped her boundaries and was completely insensitive with that comment. I'm sure she didn't mean anything by it, but it was inappropriate. I would have been upset, too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Thanks ladies.  I do feel a bit better- I don't really want to say anything unless it happens again?  Don't you think?  She knows I'm very sad about leaving her or knew last week- so I would think she would try and be considerate.  She posts pics on fb during the day so I can see them-but yeah I felt it was a bit braggy and dh said he didn't appreciate the comment and he normally thinks the things I get upset about are dumb.  I'm just upset too bc I was in a good place (i thought) but now I'm so sad today and miss her. 

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    valstulas said:

I think she overstepped her boundaries and was completely insensitive with that comment. I'm sure she didn't mean anything by it, but it was inappropriate. I would have been upset, too.

This. She really should not have said that.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    mermomo5 said:
    But she is not at work everyday to support your lo! You do not go to work to get a break you go to provide for your child! Her wording was awful and I'm sorry! Just like you need to think before you speak you also need to before you post things! I'm guilty of it!
    I agree.  However she just sent me a pic of DD and I just wrote her back and said something like, "aww. I miss her so much and am having a hard time with leaving her today.  Thanks for the picture. It made me tear up."  ok it made me cry really hard, lol- but I left that out. 

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I know how you feel.  I'm overly sensitve about the sitter as well.  It hurts me when she tells me how much better my DD acts for her at nap time, and how she never throws any fits there... and she calls her "my Josie" and that ticks me off... but DD loves it there, and she does love DD.  She always calls DS fussy and grumpy etc, which he never is for me. I think she's just sad because she's got 2 boys and always wanted a girl... Josephine fills that void for her. 

Sorry I didn't mean to take over, my point was, you have every right to be sad about it, cry over it and be hurt a little...

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I know what you mean.  I told Dh that I was happy that her DC teachers love her, but I wish I was the one cuddling her all day.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"