June 2012 Moms

Halloween costumes

What is you little one going to be? We dont plan on going trick-or-treating but will go to family and close friends. My sister also has a halloween party. I need some cute ideas for dd.

Re: Halloween costumes

• I think we're doing Bob the Builder.  Only because I have pretty much everything I need I just have to get him a hard hat and maybe make a tool belt.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I wanted to make DS a puppy outfit since he loves dogs so much, but I'm pretty sure I won't have time. Our kitchen reno starts on the 7th, so I will have nowhere to sew since the dining room will be full of boxes. I think we're skipping Halloween completely this year. Ba-humbug! lol

• A parrot.  Because she is one lately. She does not stop talking and picks up everything you say.  

DD - Lucia Alessandra 6/18/12  ~~~  Welcoming Baby Boy!! - 3/26/14

• I wanted to make DS a puppy outfit since he loves dogs so much, but I'm pretty sure I won't have time. Our kitchen reno starts on the 7th, so I will have nowhere to sew since the dining room will be full of boxes. I think we're skipping Halloween completely this year. Ba-humbug! lol

We were also going to dress her up as a dog. Seriously, the kid loves dogs. However, we have a ladybug costume in the closet that we're going to put her in. I just cant get excited about Halloween this year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not sure yet. I need to go to the Halloween store for inspiration!

I definitely want to pick something cutesy though. There's only so many times I'll get to pick his costume before he starts having an opinion. Lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Two broke girls. My 6'5" blond husband is going as Caroline. I'm going as Max and DS is going as a cupcake.
  • Cooper is going as a shark. I was going to make something but don't have time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • James will be batman while Alexander(4mo) will be robin. Trying to talk my 7yo into being joker but he's not sure about it yet. Took a picture of them in their costumes. Was trying to get them used to having the mask/head covering on.
    I cant believe your baby is 4mo! Holy cow! And this is too cute

LO is going to be a green dinosaur. It has a head piece to it, but he wont wear it. Im going to spike his hair with green hairspray and put polka dots around his face. 
  • James will be batman while Alexander(4mo) will be robin. Trying to talk my 7yo into being joker but he's not sure about it yet. Took a picture of them in their costumes. Was trying to get them used to having the mask/head covering on.
    I cant believe your baby is 4mo! Holy cow! And this is too cute

I know I can't either! This time last year I had a 3 month old and had just found out I was pregnant again. Now I have a walking 15mo and a 4mo who is starting to roll and scoot. Definitely been a hard 4mo. They are finally starting to interact with each other so each day brings me new surprises. 
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I'm Malone DD a peacock costume(essentially a tutu in peacock colors) and a leotard or teal onsie and black leggings
  • DD is going to be a mouse and DS is going to be Optimus Prime(Transformers).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My ds is going to be a pirate!
    Not because I picked it out 
    but because DH's evil mother sent it home with James and she insists on it being his costume!
    shes bsc 
    Oh well at least I don't have to pick it out
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • I went to the Halloween store yesterday and got DS a pumpkin costume. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD will be a ladybug. Mainly because her grandma bought her the costume already.  There are so many cute costumes though!
  • Elise is going to be Minnie. It's her favorite character for some reason- we don't watch much tv at all, but through a book she got she got very attached to Minnie and now she goes crazy for her!
  • DS is going to be a panda bear.  My hometown's festival is centered around Halloween, and there is a big Kiddie Parade where all the kids go through in costumes.  So, we're going to do a family zoo with DS, my nieces, and all of my cousins' kids.  My uncle is going to let us decorate his trailer he uses to transport his golf cart, and he'll pull it through the parade for us.  So far, we're going to have a peacock, zebra, panda, meerkat, leopard, and a white-tailed deer.  Still waiting to hear what the rest of the kids are going to be.
  • DawnLilly said:

Two broke girls. My 6'5" blond husband is going as Caroline. I'm going as Max and DS is going as a cupcake.

I'm super disappointed. The waitress costumes are $50 a piece. Not something we can afford right now and certainly not something I can make. I think I'm going to make DS a Viking costume instead.

• DS came up with the ideas for both DD and himself.  He wants to be Scooby Doo, and he decided DD should be Minnie Mouse.  We are sort of DIYing them because I am trying to match them to what DS described for each costume. 
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Undecided . . . I bought a nice cute and warm Old Navy Giraffe suit at a yard sale for a $1 last week so probably that.  I was planning to have him go as a redneck or Jared Allen since he's had his hair cut in a MoMullet for the last few weeks (Moral of that story is don't let DH do the first haircut) but I am worried that people won't realize he's in costume and they'll just think DH dressed him as normal! Giraffe it is I think.
  • Sigir said:
    Elise is going to be Minnie. It's her favorite character for some reason- we don't watch much tv at all, but through a book she got she got very attached to Minnie and now she goes crazy for her!

Minnie here too!
    TTC #1 9/2011  BFP 10/3/2011! (EDD 6/10/2012)   Aubrey Lynn, 6/17/12Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"