Breastfeeding

Milk blister

Ow!! I have a milk blister. I've had them before, but it feels different this time, more painful. I've scraped the skin off, put hot moist heat on it, soaked it in salt water, and put melagel on it. The friction from my bra even hurts and when my baby nurses on it... I want to scream. I used the other side all night, then my whole breast was in pain! Ugh!! How do you ladies handle these pesky buggers?

Re: Milk blister

• When I had one, I popped it with a sterile needle and it felt better immediately.
    DS-"Sprocket" born 3.27.11 Baby #2- due 9.10.13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Did it still hurt when nursing? I thought I popped it, but maybe I didn't get all if it? When she nurses it hurts so bad!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I did a hot salt water soak for 10min then pumped and it helped burst it and then I took a warm wash cloth to gently exfoliate it. It hurt to nurse only the next time.
  • I would make sure it's popped and then put some sort of nipple cream on them and a nursing pad between your breast and bra so it can heal. I'd also pump that side for A few feedings to give it some time to heal.
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"