October 2012 Moms

Baby food

Do u mostly feed LO prepared baby food or other food? LO still only has two teeth. I feed her some regular foods like banana or toast etc but she's picky, no cheese, meat, most veggies, unless it's jar food. I feel like a bad mom, am I the only one or is this the majority? I also have no clue what is appropriate. She likes eggo cinnamon toast waffle and eggo blueberry pancake. Is that bad to feed her? I feel like an idiot, honestly though bc she won't eat what we eat for the most part I'm way too tired to make the effort!

Re: Baby food

• She eats what we eat 90% of the time. If I am running late with supper or whatever, I do keep a few of the Gerber Entrees or Pasta Pick Ups on hand. But she steals food off our plates anyway, so it's cheaper and easier to just give her what we are having. She will eat anything I put in front of her though, so that makes it easy. ;)

She does still go through puffs/mum mums/crunchies like they are going out of style.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Same here...she eats everything we eat.  She never liked baby food, so when she was really small i stuck to avocado, banana, sweet potato, etc.Now she just eats what we eat.  I take out some leftover from dinner for her lunch the next day.  She has a jam sandwich (1 slice, ww) in between breakfast bottle and lunch bottle.  She also has fruit and cheerios throughout the morning.  Then in the afternoon she snacks on mum mums, or something similar while I make dinner.  If we run late with dinner, I usually make her an egg.  I just scramble it and put some tomato sauce (home made) on it and she gobbles it all up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't feel bad!  We're having similar issues.  He eats every puree I put in front of him but only some of the solids.  What's more concerning is daycare is pushing to move him to the next room in the next few months and that room will only feed solids, no "baby food" so he HAS to start only eating solids soon or I guess he'll starve or I guess I'm going to have to find new daycare as they won't budge.  I feel like a failure because he just won't eat solids!  We try!  I put soft veggies, meats, crackers, etc but he will only have a few so I have to give him something mashed because otherwise he won't have anything but formula.  He plays with the food more than he eats it and won't let me help him eat it.  Grrrr.  This topic stresses me out the most anymore and causes the most arguments at home with my husband - and then I come here and read how everyone's baby is doing so good just "eating everything we eat".  I'm glad to hear someone else is in my boat!  Hopefully our kiddos "get it" soon.   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • LO is a pretty good eater so he usually eats what we eat. BUt the most important thing is to get them fed, so don't feel bad! Just keep trying with different foods and textures. 

Have you tried making your own pancakes/waffles? Maybe then you could mix fruits into them and get more nutrition that way. Or if she likes that texture, maybe try making a veggie pancake (green veggie pancakes from weelicious are BOMB). 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Thanks for the help and ideas. We tried plain pasta and then pasta with meat sauce tonight with no luck, so she had some banana and bread. Oh well
  • Hang in there i make all my LO's food and slowly trying to have him eat what we eat i still mash but its lumpy he's 11 months
    So cute. He has been feeding himself with a spoon all week my little boy is a trip
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"