Preemies

Why was your baby premature?

Forgive me for where this post overlaps with the post to preemie moms below! 

In my last pregnancy I had HELLP and pre-e and ended up delivering at not quite 20 weeks.  The doctors are also now saying that the babies had IUGR, and baby B possibly had a heart defect. 

My doctors say that I should be able to have a successful pregnancy, but are certain that I will never reach full term - the focus will be prolonging it as much as possible.  I can't comprehend the strength you women have, and have had, caring for and loving your preemie babies.  Its terrifying, and I'm trying to educate myself as much as possible.  So, if you'd humor me for a minute -

1.  Why was your baby born premature?

2.  At what week did you deliver?

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy?

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)?

5.  Any long term affects?

Re: Why was your baby premature?

• 1.? Why was your baby born premature? PROM2.? At what week did you deliver? 28 weeks3.? If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? I was hospitalized at 26 weeks and given terbutylene (sp?) and mag to try and stop the contractions that I was having.4.? How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 68 days.5.? Any long term affects? None that we know of.??
    IUI # 1 on 1/19, Beta 2/1 = BFN, Hysteroscopy on 2/15= 5 polyps removed, and cervix cleared, IUI #2 on 4/15 = BFP, Beta#1 on 4/30 @ 15 dpiui= 279, Beta #2 on 5/9 @24dpiui = 10,154, U/S on 8/5 = TWO GIRLS! Born 10/16 at 28 weeks. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am really sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what you and your family must be going through. My response may not be of much help becuase my OBGYN was unable to determine the cause was.

1.  Why was your baby born premature? Water broke at 32 weeks 2 days

2.  At what week did you deliver? 32 weeks 6 days

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? My break was a complete break so there was nothing that they could do to reseal I was admitted and given two steroid shots to help strengthen DSs lungs  and meds to prevent labor. I never had one contraction. He was delivered 4 days later via c-section.

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? He was in the NICU 23 days. After 12 days we were told we would be going home soon. He was circumsized and after he had a episode where he stopped breathing when I was feeding and had to be revived. Then we had a set back with his feeding and were there 11 more days.

5.  Any long term affects? At almost a year he is hitting his milestones and we do not feel there will be long term problems. I am nervous about my next pregnancy. We will be TTC in March, since the doctor was unable to determine what happened I don't know what if anything I can do to have a full term baby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.  Why was your baby born premature?

Premature Rupture of Membranes - extremely premature (21.5weeks)

27 weeks 4 days

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy?

I was on extreme bed rest until I delivered.  I did NOT get out of bed for anything.

Our son lived for 8 days.  Our daughter came home from the NICU on her 3 month birthday, which was 5 days after her original due date.

Yes, because of her prematurity she suffered from a brain bleed which puts her at risk for developmental problems, but she seems to be exceeding expectations.  The brain bleed also caused hydrocephulus and she had to have a shunt put in her head.  Also, like any preemie, her immune system sucks, so we cannot take her out in public and have to keep other children away from her throughout the flu season for the first 2 years of her life.    She also has some issues with her feet, but that may be more related to positioning in uterus.  She has foot braces that will easily correct the problem.

• 1.  My baby was born premature due to Pre-E

2. He was delivered by emergency C-section at 29 weeks 6 days

3. I was hospitalized 4 days prior and they tried to control my blood pressure with a few different medications but due to lack of rest and sleep during my stay nothing helped and it continued to get worse.

4. My son was in the NICU 7 weeks

5.  So far he is thriving, just usual preemie issues with hitting milestones later than his actual age.

My doctor said that chances are with my next pregnancy I'll have the same issues, so I'm going to do everything in my power to get in optimal health, excercise, and nutrition before we try again

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD #11.? Why was your baby born premature? ?Incompetent cervix2.? At what week did you deliver? ?32 weeks 4 days3.? If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? ?Not hospitalized long term, but my IC was diagnosed at 23 weeks and I spent 10 wks on bedrest.4.? How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? ?14 days5.? Any long term affects? ?So far, none!?DD #21.? Why was your baby born premature? ?Unexplained pre-term labor leading to PROM2.? At what week did you deliver? 27 weeks3.? If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy?2 vaginal cerclages (neither one held), Abdominal cerclage, weekly progesterone shots, bedrest, ?terb, magnesium.......as you can see, I was a mess!4.? How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? ?90 days5.? Any long term affects??She is on supplemental oxygen for lung disease caused by her prematurity. (Even after 2 rounds of steroid shots). ?The doctors believe she will outgrow this and live a normal life with normal lung capacity. ?I just want ?to say I am so sorry for your loss and I wish you a very healthy and LONG pregnancy in the future..?
    Claire Avery born at 32 weeks on 10/25/06 Keira Leigh born at 27 weeks on 4/29/08
  • im sorry for you loss.  i  you the best in your next pregnancy. like  you i will necer have a full term baby

dd#1

1.  Why was your baby born premature? dont know

2.  At what week did you deliver? 35 weks

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? N/A

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? we stayed an extra day but we went home together

5.  Any long term affects? none

dd#2

1.  Why was your baby born premature? Incompetent cervix PROM at 28 weeks

2.  At what week did you deliver? 30weeks and some days

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? procardia. streoids, hospital bedrest for 12 weeks, cerclage 

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 28 days

5.  Any long term affects? she is small for her age. (she will be 3 in march and weight 27lbs). she has asthma but that runs in dh's family so we are not sure if because of preemie or not. and she has out grown it for the most part.

ds#3

still bakin but the docs think he will some before 34-35 weeks

now i get teb, weekly pregestone shots, ive had steroids, and been on bedrest since thanksgiving. ive also spent a few nites in the hospital.i will say my docs are on top of everything this pregnancy. it more proacitve than reactive and i think that will help me go far.

• I'm so sorry for your loss.

1. Pre-E

2 26w

3. I was only in for t wo days. I was on Mag to try to keep me from siezing while they got some steroid shots in.

4. 96 days

5. so far, just feeding/growing issues. He had lots of issues in the NICU but most have resolved.

• 1.  Why was your baby born premature? I had sever pre-e and HELLP

2.  At what week did you deliver? 27

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? almost a week before, only thing done to prolong was bedrest.  I ended up having seizures from the pre-e so they had to do an emergency c-section

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 76 day

5.  Any long term affects? none so far!

• 1.  Why was your baby born premature?  severe pre-eclampsia

2.  At what week did you deliver? 27 weeks, 6 days

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy?  magnesium, bedrest

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)?  66 days

5.  Any long term affects? reflux (that isn't affecting her weight), gross and fine motor delays that we expect to resolve and for which she gets weekly OT and PT.  Cognitively she's right on target :)  We also suspect seizures but they haven't been confirmed (very rare- like 1x/month and very short-- a few seconds) b/c she's had a normal EEG

• 1.  Why was your baby born premature?Placental abruption

2.  At what week did you deliver? 33 weeks

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - no hospitalization, bedrest at home at 28 weeks for contractions, 80% effacement, dilated to a 1.

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU 28 days, and 29 days

5.  Any long term affects?None.
  • 1.  Why was your baby born premature? Preterm labor due to placenta abruption.

2.  At what week did you deliver? 34 weeks 3 days

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? I went into preterm labor at 26 weeks. Sent home on strict bedrest and Procardia. Went into active labor at 34 weeks 1 day after being taken off Procardia. Steroid shots were never offered.

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 11 days

5.  Any long term affects? None as of yet. He does have a whole in his heart that we are waiting to see if it corrects itself. He is hitting all of his milestones.

I am so sorry for your loss.

• 1.  Why was your baby born premature? I had an unexplained placental abruption. They have no idea why.

2.  At what week did you deliver? 27w6d

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? N/A

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? He still is...going on 2 months.

5.  Any long term affects? He's actually doing awesome - no issues thus far except for those simply there because he was so early. He has nothing abnormal going on thus far.

• 1.  Why was your baby born premature? Severe and sudden pre-e

2.  At what week did you deliver? 28w4d

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? Nothing really; they didn't even wait the full 48 hours for the steroid shots to take effect. I was admitted on Tuesday evening, DS was delivered via c/s at 12:43am on Thursday. ETA: I was on mag for my BP as well, to prevent seizures.

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 91 days

5.  Any long term affects? Not that we know of at this point.

• 1.  Why was your baby born premature? I have an icompetent cervix I started dialating at 23 weeks

2.  At what week did you deliver? 33weeks 2days

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? I in the hospital from 23 weeks until delivery. I was not on any meds just very strict bedrest only allowed to go to the bathroom. I was just closely monitored

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? My son was in the NICU for 12 days

5.  Any long term affects? He is 6 weeks and perfect just our little peanut.

• 1.? Why was your baby born premature? Unknown...questionnable placental abruption.2.? At what week did you deliver? 29 weeks, 6 days.3.? If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy?I entered L and D and delivered 5 hours later.4.? How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 7 weeks.5.? Any long term affects? None that we know of.??
  • I don't know if you want answers from a MOM, but I'll answer anyways

1. Placental Abruption

2. 29 weeks 2 days

3. I was hospitilized 2 weeks before delivery- bedrest and drugs to stop PTL

4. Anna- 55 days   Ayva and Justin- 57 days

5. My girls suffered a lack of oxygen and have PVL, and CVI and also developed Infantile Spasms due to the lack of oxygen.

•   1.  Why was your baby born premature? fibrods on the placenta 2.  At what week did you deliver? 33 weeks 3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy?It wasn't an option 4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 10 days we were lucky 5.  Any long term affects? None that we know of   * I havn't heard of anyone else  having this problem* if anyone has heard of this comments would b nice
  • 1. We have no idea - my placenta tests came back as completely normal - no infection or anything. I have two theories - the first being low progesterone (I had problems during TTTC with P4 levels), the second being overexertion from controlling gestational diabetes. With my next pregnancy (hopefully) - I will request to go directly on insulin and/or request progesterone injections into late pregnancy.

2. 34 weeks 2 days

3. N/A - my water broke and by the time I was admitted I was 3-4 cm. dilated.

4. N/A

5. None.

• I am so sorry for your losses :(

1. I had a placental abruption that ended up resulting in PTL

2. 29w4d

3. bedrest, multiple drugs to stop/control contractions

4. 50 days

5. none that we know of so far :)

Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • 1.  Why was your baby born premature? I have an incompetent cervix.

2.  At what week did you deliver? 26 weeks

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? I was on total bedrest, mag and terb.

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 11 weeks

5.  Any long term affects? nope :)  He is a happy, healthy, 3 year old!

Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • I can imagine it must be very scary for you and I wish you lots of luck!  

1.  Why was your baby born premature?

HELLP Syndrome and sudden, severe pre-e

No issues until 2 hours before delivery

4 weeks

Only minor issues, I am confident by the end of his first year he will be perfectly healthy and caught up developmentally.

• 1.  Why was your baby born premature?  I have an IC....after having a rescue cerclage at 21 weeks, I was on strict BR in the hospital for 3 weeks and then at home on strict BR for the duration of my pregnancy...one morning I rolled over in bed and my water broke.

2.  At what week did you deliver?  30 weeks

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy?  I had a rescue cerclate, and meds for PTL

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 13 very long weeks.

5.  Any long term affects?  My girls were IUGR babies and are still small, we have some weight gain issues and they HATE HATE HATE to eat, but other than that no long term/medical issues that we are currently aware of, except for prematurity.

• I am so sorry for your losses.

1.  Why was your baby born premature? twin-twin transfusion syndrome, preeclampsia, preterm labor, incompetent cervix

2.  At what week did you deliver? 30w2d if you go by my lmp, 29w4d if you go by my ovulation/IUI date

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? I was given mag & steroids at 26 weeks, then sent home on strict bedrest. I was rehospitalized at 29w when I developed Pre-e and a growth scan showed that my smaller twin hadn't gained any weight in the previous 4 weeks.

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? The bigger baby was in for 5 weeks, the smaller for 8 weeks.

5.  Any long term affects? For the bigger baby, no. The smaller baby is still very small, has severe reflux that makes him have a small appetite, and he has hypothyroidism. The little guy is also very stiff, but not enough to qualify for PT/OT through our state. We have been VERY lucky, and the boys have been hitting their milestones between their actual and adjusted ages.

• 1.  Why was your baby born premature? severe pre-e...after she was delivered we found out she had IUGR

2.  At what week did you deliver? 33 weeks 6 days

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? n/a

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 29 days

5.  Any long term affects? No

• imageGuitaristsGirl:

1.  Why was your baby born premature? IUGR in Baby B (that's Evan). You can read our story with pics in my blog in my siggie.  Feel free to email me if you have questions at Taylo2Babies at Gmail.com

2.  At what week did you deliver?  28wks 6days

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy?  I am very sorry to say there is nothing that can be done to prolong pregnancy due to IUGR and there is nothing you will feel when the baby goes in to distress.  The only thing they can do is give you the steroid shots to help the lung development (best thing I did, and I had two rounds of the shot), and for you to try to relax and get as big and fat as possible with a high protien diet.  The heavier the baby weighs the better they do.  I was on moderate bed rest and then when we started seeing Evan's end diastolic blood flow have issues we knew that delivery was immenant and I was put on moderat hospital bed rest with 24 hour monitoring.  I was in the hospital 9 days until one night I had an IV that needed changing and it took 5 tries to replace it and my anxiety was so bad that I think it triggered Evan's blood flow to revers itself sending him into distress.  I delivered within 2 hours of the diagnosis.

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)?  My guys were in the NICU for 68 days and came home one week before their EDD.  Cameron came home on oxygen and an apnea monitor and Evan had no problems, but he was 3lbs 8oz when he came home.  Our car seat was rated for only 5lbs.

5.  Any long term affects?  Well, the boys are only 9 months old actual, and 6 1/2 months adjusted so we are still dealing with preemie issues.  But they say that they will catch up by the time they are two or three.  The one obvious long term thing (not really an issue) is that Evan is much smaller than his brother.  Keep in mind that if he's 10lbs smaller than his brother at the age of 30 will it really matter? No.  But right now we are struggling with weight gain for both boys and they have severe reflux along with fine and gross motor skills because of poor muscle tone due to being born so prematurely.  They will grow out of all of this in time.  It's just very rough right now.  They are doing really well.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions!!

• 1.  Why was your baby born premature? Pre-e and HELLP

2.  At what week did you deliver? Hospitalized at 28 weeks, delivered at 31 weeks

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? I was on Magnesium Sulfate for 5 days, then off for a while and back on again for 2 days. I was on complete bedrest with cathetar, for a week, then was given bathroom privileges. I was very closely monitored, hourly reflex checks, blood pressure every 20 minutes,  blood draws every two hours, and Lily was always on the monitor. I had two cat scans to check for liver hemorrhage and two EKG's to check my heart(?) I had u/s every 4 days to check for growth restriction. It was impossible to get any sleep, but I am so grateful that they caught everything and I was so closely monitored to give her as long as we could without putting my life in too much danger.

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 44 days

5.  Any long term affects? None that we know of yet, we will keep our fingers crossed.

I was diagnosed with IUGR.  The doppler showed the blood flow in the placenta moving forward, stopping, moving forward and stopping.  My placenta was sent to pathology after delivery and the report came back saying there were small blood clots in the placenta.  I was tested for a blood clotting disorder and I do not have one so no one knows what happened and if it will happen again.

I had an emergency c-section at 32 weeks, 6 days.  My son weighed 2lbs, 14oz.

At my 30 week appt. they determined Wyatt had dropped into the 9th percentile.  I was immediately given steriod shots for his lungs and sent home on bedrest.  I went to the hospital 2x a week for NST's and ultrasounds.  At each appointment they checked to make sure the bloodflow issue was not getting worse.  I was told to have my bag in the car because at any moment they could take me.  The goal was to get to 34 weeks but one day I noticed decreased movement.  I went to the hospital and they monitored him for about 2 hours and decided enough was enough.  Leaving him in was too risky at that point.

One month.  Born on 6/25 and came home on 7/25.

None that we know of.  I would say developmentally he is between his chronological age and his adjusted age.  Perhaps a bit ahead of his adjusted age but not quite at his chronological age.

• 1. I had pre-e and had to be induced

2. 35 weeks 5 day

3. n/a

4. n/a

5. none so far

• 1.  Why was your baby born premature? PROM but we have no idea why.

2.  At what week did you deliver? 33 weeks

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? Yes. For two weeks. My membranes were ruptured so they didn't try to stop my pregnancy much (because of the risk of infection) after I'd had the two rounds of steriods and a couple rounds of antibiotics.

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 13 days

5.  Any long term affects? No. You would never know he was a preemie unless I told you. He'll be one in three weeks.

• 1. Why was your baby born premature? ?I went into pre-term labor at 33 weeks and was put on ?strict bed rest. ?After not feeling the baby move for several hours I went in for a NST and it was discovered that i had olingohydraminos and had to be induced at 35 weeks.

2. At what week did you deliver? 35 weeks

3. If hospitalized prior to delivery - bed rest

4. How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? N/A

5. Any long term affects? N/A

• 1.  Why was your baby born premature? Pre-eclampsia

2.  At what week did you deliver? 34w 6d

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? Hospital bedrest

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 2 weeks

5.  Any long term affects? Nope

• 1.  Why was your baby born premature? severe pre-e and IGUR

2.  At what week did you deliver?  33 weeks

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? Hospital for a week and admitted at 32 weeks. Stayed on left side, took blood pressure meds, daily ultrasounds and NST tests, 24 urine collections, daily blood withdrawls

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 23 days

5.  Any long term affects? just delayed a little in gross motor, but nothing really to be concerned about. She is perfectly healthy!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Katie: 1/16/08 2lbs. 15oz.
    Abby & Emily: 12/31/10 6lbs. 2oz. & 5lbs. 7oz.
  • 1.  Why was your baby born premature? I was pregnant with twins and at 19 1/2 weeks had PROM on baby a. I lost her a week later and continued the pregnancy until 26 weeks and 1 day when I had Brandon. I started to bleed because of the other baby's placenta still being in me and it started to cause Brandon's heart rate to go down which is why I had to deliver him early.

2.  At what week did you deliver? 26 weeks and 1 day

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? I was on bedrest for 2 weeks and then after I delivered baby a I had a cerclage put in. I was then sent home and was on bedrest for 5 1/2 more weeks.

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 12 weeks exactly

5.  Any long term affects? ROP which should correct itself, reflux, VSD and ASD which should both close on their own.

Conceived twins with IVF January 2008. Lost baby a at 20 1/2 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes and held onto baby b. Baby b (Brandon) born at 26 weeks and 1 day on July 5, 2008. Wesley born full term on June 29, 2011. My blog http://karenandstu.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • 1.  Why was your baby born premature? HELLP syndrome

2.  At what week did you deliver? 35 weeks

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? NA

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 10 days

5.  Any long term affects? Haven't seen any yet

• 1.  Why was your baby born premature? Docs don't know why. I had an infected utuerus and after a few days of labor had a placental abruption, but they don't know if this was why.

2.  At what week did you deliver? 33

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? Upon admission I was given Indomethacin and morphine to slow the contractions (they only slowed not stopped for the 4 days of admission). Hospitalized bed rest, and minimal movement. The more I moved, the faster the contractions came and the stronger they were.

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 2-1/2 weeks.

5.  Any long term affects? He's a bit smaller than the norm, has reflux, and seems to be mildly delayed developmentally. But he's strong, doing great and nothing really long term I don't think.

• 1. Had IC and bulging bag with second pg they have given me a cerclage and p17 shots since week 23 and procardia. Strict bedrest at home now. Due to deliver anytime time now due to sludge.

2. She was born at 25 weeks 2 days at 1lb 12 oz

3. I was put in hosp. at 23 weeks. On strict bedrest with no getting up for week and half. When allowed to get up my dd decided to put her feet in bag and had an emergency c-section.

4. 77 days

5. She has BPD and asthma but other than that she is exceding her milestones.

• 1.? Why was your baby born premature? previous LEEP that lead to a weak cervix, and a fibroid that was annoying my uterus, multiple pregnancy, labor at 19 weeks and on bedrest till 26 weeks, on procardia to stop contractions2.? At what week did you deliver? 26 weeks 1 day3.? If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? hospitalized for a week. ?indocin to stop labor and shrink fibroid, mag sulfate to stop labor, bedrest and procadia4.? How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 88 days and 80 days5.? Any long term affects? none yet...they're doing amazingly well. ?not quite at actual age milestones, but well above adjusted milestones.i know you went through a very traumatic time, and i'm sure are still dealing with your loss and always will. ?at some point, even with all of the medical miracles and support, a leap of faith is what ?you'll need to try again. ?i have a friend who had a demise at 34 weeks. ?she's very scared to try again. ?i'll keep you in my prayers. i can't wait to hear your success story.?
  • 1.  Why was your baby born premature? Funneled cervix which I will never know if it was because of my remaining septum, the septum surgery which could have left me with a weak cervix, the vanishing triplet or if it was because my twins were both on one side of my uterus.

2.  At what week did you deliver? 26wk, 6ds

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? I was put on hospital bedrest at 24 1/2 wks, given steroids and a drug to stop contractions. I could only take 30 minute wheelchair rides and shower every other day.

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? Marshall - 54 days, Cecilia - 89 days

5.  Any long term affects? So far nothing major. They are on track for their adjusted age. My daughter battles reflux problems. I watch them like a hawk and work with them all the time and I pray that everything will continue to be OK for them.

I am so sorry for your loss. ((HUGS))

My girls were born via scheduled c-section due to IUGR and the breakdown of their placentas

36w4d - BUT after a very rough pregnancy where we thought I was going to deliver at 21w

I was in for four weeks. I was given mag, terb and procardia - along with a cocktail of antibiotics. My water ruptured around around baby a and they wanted to make sure we didn't get an infection. Somehow the leak sealed over and she gained fluid so I was released to home bedrest.

13 days - they were 3lbs 12oz and 3lbs 13oz at birth

Not that we know of, just minor development/milestone delays

• 1.  Why was your baby born premature? premature membrane stripping.

2.  At what week did you deliver? 35 weeks

3.  If hospitalized prior to delivery - what was done to prolong your pregnancy? n/a. just at home on bed rest previously

4.  How long was your baby in the NICU (if applicable)? 0

5.  Any long term affects? Breathing problems. Catches colds easily. Hopefully will grow out of it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"