Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Umbilical hernia

Does anyone's LO have this? DD does and it seems like it has gotten worse but from what I've read online they often resolve themselves within the 1st year. My pedi isn't concerned, she isn't in pain, so I'm just curious if anyone had previous experience or their LO has one.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
image image

Re: Umbilical hernia

• DD is 3.5 and still has hers. It's very small, and it can cause her discomfort at times. They said they will reevaluate her around 4 to decide on whether to do the repair or not.

imageLilypie - (jv05)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • LO has one. It almost always resolves, no matter how huge it looks. As long as it's not painful, red, swollen, hot, or has any other signs if infection, it's ok.
  • Loading the player...
  • Both my girls had one and it was gone by 1. Now they just have a kinda combo innie/outtie belly button.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Pedi said it could last until 3 or 4 with my lo. Hers seemed to get worse a few weeks in, and now at 12 weeks looks a little better.
  • Hilaboo86 said:
    Pedi said it could last until 3 or 4 with my lo. Hers seemed to get worse a few weeks in, and now at 12 weeks looks a little better.
    This, my lo is 14 weeks and it looks much better. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"