Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Am I miscarrying?

I was wondering if any of you ladies could help me out. I'm kinda freaking out. I'm pregnant with my second child. Almost 7 weeks. I have been spotting nonstop ranging from bright red blood to brown for a straight week. It's getting heavier but not period like. I have lower back pain today and I've been lightly cramping for a few weeks. The doctor put me on pelvic rest and told me there's a 50% chance I'll miscarry. Anyone have any experience with this situation or maybe had a successful pregnancy after? I feel really alone here. Thanks.

Re: Am I miscarrying?

• Have you had an ultrsound to confirm a heartbeat? No one can say for sure on here if you will mc. I Would follow up with you dr, good luck.
    BFP #1 7/25/13. MMC 8/26/13 8 weeks 5days Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP #2 11/5/13 chemical pregnancy 11/9/13 BFP #3 12/28/13 "Our HOPE baby"
  • I had brown spotting for 4 days before mine turned into actual red and cramping, but I did miscarry and that is why I'm here! I have also read during my experience that 50% of early spotting will be a miscarriage. That said, my mom had spotting/what looked like a period for 3 months with my brother and it turned out fine. Everyone is different. Your doctor would probably say to go to the ER if you're passing clots or tissue and have pain/fever etc... Good luck and I'm sorry you're experiencing this!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had spotting in the morning and then it turned to cramping and heavy period..then progressed to clots etc... I'd call them and go in just for peace of mind :( so sorry that you even have to deal with this
  • I'm sorry you're going through this. I would ask for a sono. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do. I would for sure call your doctor. Hope you have a positive outcome.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP#1: 11/20/11, EDD 7/25/12, Emily Iris arrived 7/29/12 at 7 lb., 3.5 oz.

BFP#2: 8/25/13, EDD 5/4/14, MMC confirmed on 9/23/13, D&C on 9/26/13

BFP#3: 2/3/14, EDD 10/15/14, fraternal TWINS confirmed 2/21/14, two BOYS confirmed on 4/15/14!

• Thank you all. I do have an ultrasound in two weeks. They won't do a pelvic exam because I'm on rest. So they really had nothing else to say other than we'll see in 2 weeks. It's just hard to wait, you know?
  • If your cramping gets worse call the dr again and hopefully they'll do an earlier ultrasound. I've heard from friends they had cramps and bleeding throughout with successful pregnancy. When I had cramps , then brown spotting then bright red blood the dr had me come in for u/s and they saw nothing inside me but blood. I was 5 wks at that point but had a hpt that said I was pregnant. The dr prepared me for a possible miscarriage if blood got heavier with clots. The weekend came and went and bleeding stayed light so i thought it'd b ok. Then on monday night pain became so bad and came then went. Tues morn pain started again so I called dr (I was 6 wks now) they let me come in and they did another u/s to see it was ectopic. I hope you Are lucky enough to have cramps and light bleeding. Insist on an u/s because its not good to stress about it...my prayers are with ypu
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"