November 2012 Moms

working status.. whats yours?

credcat7credcat7 member
edited September 2013 in November 2012 Moms
I know w few of us are job searching now.. just curious where we are as a whole group
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

working status.. whats yours? 69 votes

i work full time (at some place other than my house)
62% 43 votes
i work full time from home
7% 5 votes
I am a SAHM, working at raising my kid and all that encompasses
24% 17 votes
I am looking for work
2% 2 votes
I am a student
2% 2 votes

Re: working status.. whats yours?

• I work full time.  I would love to go part time, but I don't know financially if we can do it.  DH owns his own business.  I carry the health insurance.  If I go part time, I just pay in more, which doesn't leave much for take home, and daycare cost wouldn't go down (she can't go part time till she's 2).

Its becoming harder and harder every day to drop her off.  DH's business is growing, so maybe next year we can work something out.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I SAH. I am thinking of starting to sell my crafty items. This would be for a little extra spending cash and another baby.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • working and looking for new work. Pulling together mondo job applications. Miss my LO.
  • I work full time. We are planning on having more kiddos, so I'm contemplating staying at home. Daycare is expensive, and it may not even out for me to keep working with another kid.

• I work 12 hrs a week from home and its not easy with LO getting older and mobile.  My boss would like me to work 20 hrs/week come Jan. which I can do if I get daycare 1-2 days a week.

I have a pretty sweet set up

• I work weekend status on overnights. No daycare so during the week days I'm mommy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I also work full time and commute (over an hour each way, but in Chicago that is sort of normal).   I am always rushing to get home.  I want to move so much! 

• SAHM. It's a tough job, no doubt. Some days don't have enough time to get everything done.  
    Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• I work part-time at around 30 hours a week. But our hours have been weird lately, so it fluctuates from somewhere around 18-30 hours a week.

I have Saturday and Sunday off, and FI has Wednesday and Thursday off. This way we only need FMIL to watch DS 3 days a week. We also both work 6-2 or so.
  • I work full time. We are planning on having more kiddos, so I'm contemplating staying at home. Daycare is expensive, and it may not even out for me to keep working with another kid.

Same

• I work Part Time, 2 days a week .. 12 hour shifts. I went from FT to PT when I had LO.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • AmberEA14 said:
    I work full time. We are planning on having more kiddos, so I'm contemplating staying at home. Daycare is expensive, and it may not even out for me to keep working with another kid.
    Same
    Well....this is what I tell myself but in reality, my salary would still be a good bit more than what we'd pay for 2 since health and dental insurance comes out of my salary. I just want to stay at home with my babies :)

• I work full time from home.
    Except for needing to be on site 3-4 times a month.

MIL and FIL watch baby Mon & Thurs so I can concentrate.
    DH is home Wed all day and Fri morning.

This is my first week back and I had meetings/training all day Monday, client meetings 5am-3pm Tuesday and Wednesday.
    It went surprisingly well with LO being left alone with his grandparents for the first time ever.
    He even took a bottle one day, which he doesn't normally do.
  • AmberEA14 said:

AmberEA14 said:

I work full time. We are planning on having more kiddos, so I'm contemplating staying at home. Daycare is expensive, and it may not even out for me to keep working with another kid.

Same

Well....this is what I tell myself but in reality, my salary would still be a good bit more than what we'd pay for 2 since health and dental insurance comes out of my salary. I just want to stay at home with my babies :)

Yeap. Me too. I like being an attorney, but I love being a mom so much more.

• I SAH but I work 3 nights a week at a dance studio--only about 12 hours a week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Full time and commute about an hour per way. I work 9 hr days and get every other Friday off.
  • I voted that I'm a student, but at the moment that means working full-time...except for the paycheck part. DD#1 goes to preschool and the baby is at daycare M-F. After I finish the internship portion of my program in December I'll go back to part-time SAHM, which is what I like the best.
  • There is no option for me so I didn't vote. I SAH, but I am also finishing up my Bachelor's. However, I don't plan on going to work once I've completed it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm a SAHM....quit my full time job in August and haven't looked back! Granted, the loss of income have us on a tight budget but I get to be with my little one and I get to spend more quality time not only with the baby but with my husband too (no more 2 1/2 hr commutes!).

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"