Nurseries and Baby Gear

Narrow harnessed booster seat recommendations

I am looking for a narrow harnessed booster or combination car seat for my almost 2 year old. He will only use the seat a couple times per month, so I'm hoping to find something inexpensive. It needs to be narrow because we need to do 3 across in a small and mid sized SUV.

Any suggestions would be really helpful.

He is 24 pounds, wears 18/24 month clothes and is about 32" tall. I would like it to last awhile.

Re: Narrow harnessed booster seat recommendations

• A convertible car seat could work too.
  • Look at the Harmony Defender...extremely slim and it's $99 at Walmart.  If it's only going to be used a few times a month, I wouldn't invest in a Radian (it is a great seat, just a little pricey for a once or twice a month seat).  If you go with the Defender, you can call Harmony and request a longer crotch strap and they will send it to you for free.

If you're interested in rear facing, then the Radian would be a good seat, albeit a bit pricey still for a once or twice a month seat.  I believe the Graco MySize/Headwise/Size4Me is pretty narrow and works well in tight situations.  It also has the highest shell on the market so it will last your child rear-facing longer than any other seat (I think the Foonf is the exception).  
  • Loading the player...
  • Ideally under two would be rf, your lo would still fit most seats rf. Look up internal decapitaton, I'm not trying to be funny or difficult, humor an old lady.
    Jen's suggestions are good ones.
  • Thanks, the harmony defender looks like it could work, plus I like the price point. Hopefully it is not too difficult to install.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"