July 2013 Moms
Options

cradle crap

I didn't have to deal with this with DD. I plan on getting coconut oil but how do you get it off the head after you apply it?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more

Re: cradle crap

• Options
    I do it right before bath time and then just wash it off with baby wash :) I apply it 15 minutes before bath time and then I brush before washing.
  • Options
    We have used the Mustela newborn foaming shampoo. It's helped a ton in case you wanted another option!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, and my LO only had it for a few days but I've continued to follow this routine and it hasn't come back. I'm paranoid.
  • Options
    I used head and shoulders very diluted. Pedi said it was ok and it cleared up great. His face, on the other hand, is awful. She said to use hydrocortisone just very sparsely.
  • Options
    I left the coconut oil on for 15 mins and then took a baby hair brush and did circular motions all over his head, and then washed it with gentle shampoo. He has cradle cap no more :)
  • Options
    I let the coconut oil sit for a few minutes, then I pick it with my fingers because I like picking. But you can use a comb gently. After you remove it, washing it daily and brushing the scalp will keep it from coming back. I actually wash more like every 2 days and that seems to work.

• Options
    We used the mustella cradle cap foam on her head, and coconut oil on her face. Cleared up quickly!
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    Our pedi told us to use dandruff shampoo. DD has had cradle cap for over a month, after 3 washes its gone! Yay! I've been using Head and Shoulders original.
  • Options
    valstulasvalstulas member
    edited September 2013

My LO has cradle eyebrows!

This was DS3. The dead skin was orange and it made him look like he had red hair and red eyebrows.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I forgot the stinkin coconut oil! Curses. Can I use olive oil? Will it work just as well? DH has to use dandruff shampoo because he gets dandruff BAD so I guess I could use the olive oil and then wash with that? Thoughts? He doesn't have it on his face but I want to keep it that way.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    I have just used baby oil and it has gone great. No brushing just normal bath routine. It seemed to come out on its own. Every baby is different though!
    "Gone to Carolina in my mind..." image

Waiting for our Slurpee baby! Due 7/11
  • Options
    JenR85JenR85 member
    edited September 2013
    Pedi told us to just put Vaseline on his head where the cradle cap was bad and then put a hat on him for hours. It say in there for probably 5 hours. Then we brushed it out with a fine tooth comb (be prepared, it is disgusting) and then washed it. We had to wash his hair again the next day to get it all out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    I've heard of people using olive oil. I bet it would work the same :)
  • Options
    Yes my sister used olive oil on my niece because she was sensitive to the baby oil. It worked.
  • Options
    Well I poured baby oil on his head and took an extra soft bristle toothbrush and gently brushed it off. Our pediatrician recommended it. Worked great to brush it out of his strands of hair.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• Options
    Asbromle said:

I've heard of people using olive oil. I bet it would work the same :)

Yep our pedi actually recommended olive oil.

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• Options
    ncchnat said:
    On a side note, I call it "cradle crap" all the time (like you did in the thread title) instead of "cradle cap." It's never intentional; it's just comes out that way.

Mine is always intentional because this stuff is awful and crappy.

Meimsx no more
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"