December 2011 Moms
Options

Who's still rear-facing?

Just wondering what all my December 2011 mamas are doing regarding rear-facing! DS is still RFing and I am definitely keeping him that way until at least 2...but not sure how long after.  My husband wants to turn him at 2 but I am not sure.  What is everyone else doing??

Re: Who's still rear-facing?

• Options
    We are! I plan to turn him around his 2nd birthday on our way down to Florida for a cruise- he is a terrible car rider and I hope that will help. However, I would like to keep him RF until he outgrows the height/weightt requirements which would be nearly 4. We will see! It is killing my back to hoist him in there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • Options
    We're still rear facing and will keep doing it till his 2nd birthday too. He's getting long though and super grumpy so not sure how much after 2 he will stay that way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS is still comfortably and happily rear facing. He's in a Diono radian RXT with the angle adjuster underneath, which gives us a ton of leg room for the front passengers - in a Prius, no less. The rear facing weight limit is 45 pounds (he's 30 pounds now), so we have a ways to go. I'd like to keep him rear facing until at least 3. If he starts to seem unhappy or if we need to readjust when we have two car seats to worry about, we'll reevaluate.

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

• Options
    Yep we are still rear facing.  He isn't a very good car rider, so I contemplate turning him but I know how much safer it is to keep him rear facing so we'll definitely continue until at least 2 and then go from there.

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Options
    DS is still rear-facing and (hopefully) he will be until he reaches the RF limits on his seat. I just feel better knowing how much safer it is for him to be rear facing. Fortunately he's really good in the car so I don't have to worry about him being grumpy in his seat.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD is still RFing. She has plenty of leg room in my car (maxi cosi pria) but not much in DH's car (britax marathon). DH wants to turn her at 2 but I want to try to wait until 2.5 or 3yrs. It's going to be a battle. DD doesn't seem to mind RFing so I don't understand his hurry.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Still RFing. We will probably turn her just before she turns 2. She hates, hates, hates her car seat and we have two long road trips planned for Thanksgiving and Christmas (her birthday is 1 week after Thanksgiving). I am hoping that turning her may make her happier in the car.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Alex is still rear facing and will be for a while. He doesn't like car rides too much and I bet he would like it much better if we turned him around and he could see more, but it's not worth the extra safety to me. The spine is still so soft until they are 4 years old actually, so I will keep him rf'ing for as long as I possibly can. 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    G is still rear facing. She doesn't seem to mind it. I'll keep her RF until she's 2, maybe longer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We're still RFing and will continue to do so as long as we can. DH would like to FF but I'm not willing to compromise, DS is still so small.
  • Options
    DS1 is forward facing now, we had to turn him before DS2 was born as the britax doesn't fit rear facing behind the drivers seat of the Prius. I wanted to keep him RFing longer, but it just wasn't an option with the arrival of DS2.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• Options
    LO has been FF since 18 months. Now she's in the middle of the backseat instead of the side when she was RF.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lo is still rear facing, but he's getting hateful and uncomfortable and starting to fight us when we put him in his car seat. I will still leave him rear facing until he is two but will probably turn him right after. Dh is annoyed I haven't turned him yet. We turned ds1 right after his first birthday bc the regulations at that point were still just 1 year. So dh has a countdown til ds2 can be turned! I catch a lot of flack from everyone around me. No one in this area (very rural) leaves their kid rf after one so they think I'm crazy and paranoid but I don't really care. My mom has been pestering me about it for months, but she's finally realized she won't change my mind and it's only a few more months now. But I do think we will ff soon after his birthday!
  • Options
    We are still RFing and since Onnie is underweight we will probably RF for a bit longer than 2... or at least thats our plan.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    Still RF at nearly 23 months :). Plan on staying this way for as long as we can- hoping to go another 6 months. 

So happy to see so many RFing babies here, Most parents in my area seem to FF as soon as they can. 
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options
    DS is the size of the average 2.5/3yo...  By the time we got to 15.5mo there was no way we could continue RF because he was already the size of the average 2yo just to wedge him into the seat he'd bump his head and helicopter Mom here, I'm more worried about a daily bump than the statistical risk of an accident since he had a TBI already (even if he has no ill effects now from it)... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We are still RFing here:) Plan to make until 2!

• Options
    We are!  Original plan was to turn him at 2, but he's still perfectly content RF (atm) so we'll go with it as long as we can.  
  • Options
    Still RF.  I look back now and can't believe I turned DD around when I did (like 15 months or something).  DS is a good traveler, DD is usually there to keep DS him on long trips, and we don't drive much other than road trips anyway, so fortunately there's not much reason for us to think about FF yet.  I probably won't turn him around until he reaches the FF limit for his carseat.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    Still RF here.  I may re-evaluate once he hits 2.  There isn't the traffic here (small island in the middle of the Atlantic) like there is stateside.  Speed limits are a lot slower and no freeways.  That's the only reason we may change.  I'll be having baby brother right around then also so I will see.
  • Options
    we are still rear facing & will keep it so until our new LO is born at the end of Dec/beg of Jan. I figure when we go to install the new seat, we'll change DS's.

My 2 December boys

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"