July 2013 Moms
Options

Restless sleeper

JenR85JenR85 member
edited September 2013 in July 2013 Moms
Help! DS is almost 3 months old and he is so restless when he sleeps. We stopped swaddling him because he was managing to get himself out of the Velcro swaddle and has got it up over his face. If we put him in crib while sound asleep he is usually god for 30 minutes but then it's non stop movement. His arms are circling in the air or pulling at his hair, he turns his head all over the place, and kicks his legs up and down. When he goes to bed he is in his crib in nursery. He's sleeping in cotton sleep n play with light weight sleep sack. Fan, humidifier, and white noise are on. Room temp is 68 degrees and he has a pacifier.

Am I doing something wrong? Anything you ladies think I can do to help? He doesn't move like crazy when he sleeps anywhere else just when he is lying flat. Between my husband and I we are getting up with him every 30 minutes!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: Restless sleeper

• Options
    This was us not even two weeks ago. While we were in the hospital, the nurse showed us how to make what they call a doughnut. It's a rolled up blanket in the shape of a U, with a blanket on top. It cradles DD in her crib and she's been sleeping six hour stretches with it. Good luck!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    My LO is a restless sleeper too, he sleeps in the swing in his room. I think he likes the motion. I have started putting him in the crib on his tummy for naps. I check on him every 10 minutes though. He sleeps pretty good that way, but I'm too nervous to put him on his tummy overnight. Maybe when he has better head control around 4 months. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've tried a lot of the recommendations of swaddling and watched videos but I swear the kid gets out of everything and if he doesn't get out he spends all night trying to get out of it. Maybe we will try halo one that is one we haven't tried yet.
    MrsErinH said:

Try swaddling again. I recommend the Halo swaddles. Or you can try some of the other methods that have been posted here, we have had lots of posts about swaddling. There are lots of YouTube videos if you look up unbreakable swaddle as well. With that much movement it sounds like your LO is waking himself up from flailing around. GL.

• Options
    DS sleeps so well on his tummy. We don't put him to sleep like that but when we burp him or my husband cuddles with him on hiss chest he's out in seconds. Sleep might not happen for us until he can roll around and put himself on his belly. :/

My LO is a restless sleeper too, he sleeps in the swing in his room. I think he likes the motion. I have started putting him in the crib on his tummy for naps. I check on him every 10 minutes though. He sleeps pretty good that way, but I'm too nervous to put him on his tummy overnight. Maybe when he has better head control around 4 months. 

• Options
    DD is a very active sleeper which started the first week home. She would wiggle, kick her legs, and grunt non stop. We tried raising her bassinet mattress, but she finally settled for long stretches in the swing. She still grunts and moves a lot, but not nearly as much when she was flat on her back. We also just got zantac for refulx which may have been part of DD problem, but she was still noisy last night. Good luck!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Try the miracle blanket. I'm telling you, it was a lifesaver for us and is the only swaddle she can't escape.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    One arm swaddle?
  • Options
    Tried it....he just swing his arm all over the place all.night.long.
    Hilaboo86 said:

One arm swaddle?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"