Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Crazy arms??!!

brissiegirlbrissiegirl member
edited September 2013 in Babies: 0 - 3 Months
My little one is 12 weeks old and has crazy arms.  If he is laying on his back especially, his arms flail about like crazy, waking him up or preventing sleep.  We swaddle but he usually breaks out of it.  He also loves to put his hands to his face when he is coming out of sleep, sometimes even scratching his face.  I sometimes worry about these behaviors. Does any one else's babies do these things?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Crazy arms??!!

• It's normal. It's called the Moro reflex and babies usually outgrow it by 4-6 months. If he seems to like the swaddle but breaks out of blankets, you can try SwaddleMes or the Woombie. Or I think Halo has a new swaddle sleep sack out now, too.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Google "Escape proof swaddle" and watch the Youtube video.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My girl does this all the time. She is just crazy in general though. I swear she already tries crawling when she is laying on me...and she is only 2 weeks old.
    imageimageimage

• My LO does the same thing. He outgrew his swaddle me wrap and we are now using fisher price cinch wraps. He is 9 weeks old and loves to scratch his face so we put mittens on him when he's not in his wrap
  • Kerrie11378Kerrie11378 member
    edited September 2013
    Mine breaks out of every wrap too! The woombie is impossible to break out of but she still gets her little arms right up Nader her neck and that bothers her and wakes her too! She needs to be swaddled to sleep at night too though! Edit: just watched that escape proof swaddled video! So trying that tonight!!
    Mom to Maggie Mae (8/9/13)
  • My DD is 9 weeks and just escaped the escape-proof swaddle last night. But I also did it half asleep at 1:30am, so it was probably me. But it is fantastic!

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • The Woombie is amazing! We just got ours in the mail yesterday and it worked like a charm. LO had on a onesie, halo sleep sack, and a woombie over that. Our house is 68*  and we have a fan going in our room at night.

www.woombie.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"