Trying to Get Pregnant

Allergies to Fish......Help with choosing a prenatal vitamin

Hi, 

I am EXTREMELY allergic to all seafood/fish products. I recently purchased a prenatal vitamin and just before I took it I decided to read the lable. On it said: contains fish products.I returned it to the store and went to get another one but they all contain that... I understand that the Omega-3 that is needed, however, I am not sure what kind I should purchase because of this issue. Has anyone else had this problem before? I am going to be searching online but need some guidance around it. I might even go to the doctor and get a blood test on that if I have to... 

I am currently taking Womens One A Day Multi Vitamin.... hope I can figure this out. 

Thanks!!!

Alex

Re: Allergies to Fish......Help with choosing a prenatal vitamin

• I'd think talking to your pharmacist would be a good idea, they usually know everything about everything pill related.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• gscoville said:
    I'd think talking to your pharmacist would be a good idea, they usually know everything about everything pill related.
    Agreed. Are you taking any Omega-3 alternatives like flaxseed oil? Also, since you're taking a multivitamin, have you considered comparing the labels? Maybe you can just continue with your multivitamin and add a folic acid vitamin? 
  • Loading the player...
  • talon1226 said:
    I am a vegetarian. I take a regular prenatal w/o DHA and DEVA brand vegetarian DHA. Rainbow light also makes a vegetarian prenatal.
    I had no idea that existed! I also have been trying to find ways around my fish allergies. Thanks! @talon1226!
  • There are vegan PNVs  (https://www.amazon.com/Deva-Vegan-Vitamins-Prenatal-Multivitamins/dp/B000V865DW)

And, TBK, the most important thing in PNV is the folic acid.  You can buy folic acid suppliments OTC.  I am pretty sure they are fish free. 

• Thank you everyone! I will definately check it out! also, incase anyone is intersted, I came accross this tonight as well- I am going to check with the pharm before I order anything though! Thanks again! :-) 

• what is is called?? I did see gummies but they still contained fish products...... I will check it out! thanks! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"