December 2011 Moms

Birthday/ Christmas gifts

I know, I know... it is a bit early to be thinking about birthday and Christmas gifts but I was just looking at our budget for Christmas and I have NO CLUE what I plan on buying. He got so many toys last year that I put a bunch of them away to spread them out throughout the year and we still have one toy set to open. I would love some ideas on what you are planning on buying your LO and what your budget is for them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birthday/ Christmas gifts

• Honestly, not a clue - I'm still trying to figure out Halloween yet!  I try not to go overboard with the kids for what they get as a gift for both Christmas and their Birthdays...  We've got plenty of "stuff" so we try to focus more on doing things for others whenever possible...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As of right now, we're getting LO a play kitchen as her big present either for birthday or Christmas. We need to figure out another big present. We have some puzzles and books we've purchased throughout the year and those will be gifts as well. Our family is rather big and they will spoil her with the rest. I'm definitely going to request clothes for her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mtb21 said:
    So far I really only have small things in mind, new bath toys, fridge magnets, books... I think I would like to get him a tool bench as his big gift for his birthday. Not sure about Christmas yet. He just got a new back yard with a sandbox, play set with a slide, swing, etc. That should count right?? :) I will probably try to keep Christmas budgets low this year because of the new house and new baby that will be here soon enough.
    We found a tool bench at a thrift shop for $10 in perfect condition. It probably would have cost about $40 in the store. My son LOVES IT!

• Alex will get the art easel from Ikea with some chalk and a big roll of paper. I am sure I will get him some more matchbox cars and possibly a bigger truck for the yard to play with (maybe a Tonka truck?) We just recently got him a train table off of Craigslist for $20 and it was the best thing I ever bought for him. He liked his Ikea train before, but now I can barely get him off that table. We also got a small play kitchen for free that he likes to play with. 
    I will definitely get him some books, too, kid loves to read! We don't have a set budget, but usually keep it pretty small (under $100). 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• We're doing the "one thing he wants, one thing he needs, one thing to wear, one thing to read" tradition with DS. Being the only grandchild on both sides of our family right now, he's going to be plenty spoiled by the grandparents and aunts/uncles.

His wants: play kitchen and Cozy Coupe
    His needs: big boy bedroom furniture, table & chair set (for crafts, lunches, etc.)
    His clothes: winter stuff for our frigid Bavarian weather
    His books: probably something Elmo related

Ideas we're giving grandparents: basketball set, toddler headphones (for the iPad when we travel), train table set, balance bike, radio flyer wagon, anything alphabet/colors/shapes/numbers related

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

• I have started to think about this, so far I think we'll get a train table (something like this for a place surface and storage: https://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Deluxe-Wooden-Multi-Activity/dp/B000IMQ40U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379944927&sr=8-1&keywords=train+table)

Some fridge magnets (something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Fridge-Words-Magnetic-Word-Builder/dp/B0002SC7CE/ref=pd_sim_t_3)

handmade fabric letters/numbers from a fellow bumpie (https://www.etsy.com/shop/ellieandpug)

balance bike - already have this, purchased off mamabargains a few months ago

E is really into building things now, so we'll probably expand his mega blocks collection too.

Need ideas for grandparents, so looking forward to this chain!
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think we might get DD2 a Bitty Baby Twin from American Girl and some accessories. She's really into her babies and is always playing with DD1s Bitty Baby stuff.

I might get her a LeapPad for her big "Santa" present. DD1 has one and DD2 is always trying to play with it. It actually causes arguments.

That's all I've got.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Oh, we will get him the movie Cars, too. He's not into TV as much yet, but he loves cars. So I think he might like at least a bit of the movie at a time. :-) 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• We bought DS a strider shortly after he was born and I think he'll be ready for it around Christmas time finally. I have bought a couple new toys too. We're giving plenty of ideas - toy storage, his own camping chair, bath toys, new crib sheets.
  • I love the kitchen magnets! Non magnetic stainless steel is so damn overrated.

I got nothing. I want to get DD a table and chair set and a train table but we don't have room for either.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • I've been trying to compile lists for the kids but I'm not having much luck! We have SOOO many toys, that I would like to kind of get off of that track! My family is horribly notorious for buying toys every time they see the boys! So right now my only real thought for ds2 is a leap pad or some kind of equivalent tablet. Ds1 has one he got last Christmas and they fight over it all the time. Lo sneaks and grabs it whenever ds1 isn't looking. So I think getting one for him would be a hit! Other than that, no clue!
  • I've been trying to compile lists for the kids but I'm not having much luck! We have SOOO many toys, that I would like to kind of get off of that track! My family is horribly notorious for buying toys every time they see the boys! So right now my only real thought for ds2 is a leap pad or some kind of equivalent tablet. Ds1 has one he got last Christmas and they fight over it all the time. Lo sneaks and grabs it whenever ds1 isn't looking. So I think getting one for him would be a hit! Other than that, no clue!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"