July 2013 Moms
Options

Facebook?

Kgreen71Kgreen71 member
edited September 2013 in July 2013 Moms
Hello Ladies I looked to see if this was posted before I can not find anything sorry if its a repeat. I DO NOT post pictures of my son or step son ever on facebook or any social media. I have made it clear to all of my friends and family to not post pictures of my kids either. Well my step son had a football game this afternoon and a family friend took pictures of both kids and posted them on facebook. I did not see them until I got home this afternoon I nicely asked her to remove them (which she did) after throwing a big ass fit about it. Am I  being unreasonable?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Facebook?

• Options

I agree to I would never even think about posting pictures of someone else's child when they dont even post pictures as the parent. She is a close friend so she knows my wishes before today and acting like I was being a bitch asking her to remove them.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No I totally understand. I never post a pic of a child unless I ask the mother. I won't even post my nieces/nephews without asking.
    m/c #1 6/30/05 m/c #2 9/18/06 m/c #3 9/18/08 BFP 10/21/12....EDD 7/6/13....Praying this is my sticky baby. Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I don't think you are being unreasonable. I don't post any photos of my niece or nephew. They aren't my children and their parents aren't on facebook so I am not comfortable with it. It is their choice wether or not they want their children's photos being put out there.
    photo 3dcc1df8-8755-401b-b56e-15712e9fb0c0_zps92b14273.jpg
    Matteo 08/02/2011 Cruz 06/19/2013

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks! I don't want her to think I am rude it's just a personal choice I have made. I don't post on Facebook really I just use it to stay in touch with friends out of the country via private message.

• Options
    I have told her and all family and friend way before our son was born since I also ask them not to post pictures of my step son for years and no one ever has until today. It's ok they are gone so no harm I guess. Thank you all for your input

• Options
    I'm just here to say ... Heyyyy girl, long time no see.
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity...if your child was not the main subject but still in the photo to the side would you request it be removed? I can understand why someone doesn't want their kids online but where do you draw the line or how do you address that? Because I'm sure in today's socially technological world they will end up in some photo, especially at birthday parties. Not snarking either, genuinely curious
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    aylacbw said:

Devils advocate here, but if you care so much (not saying you shouldn't, your kid your rules), then why don't you just get off Facebook? Or not let people take pictures of your kid? I just feel like like most people use social networking sites to document their day to day, so it should be expected that you won't be able to control every single aspect of it unless you remove yourself completely (ie getting off Facebook and not allowing people to tke photos of your kid).

But yea, if you made it clear to her and she's a good friend, she should respect your wishes.

I don't post pics of my kids online either, I am on Facebook and this way can keep an eye out as well if other people do post pictures I don't want on there. I feel it I'd my right to make that decision and don't feel I shouldn't be on Facebook because of it..... I would never post a picture without someone's permission......

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Just out of curiosity...if your child was not the main subject but still in the photo to the side would you request it be removed? I can understand why someone doesn't want their kids online but where do you draw the line or how do you address that? Because I'm sure in today's socially technological world they will end up in some photo, especially at birthday parties. Not snarking either, genuinely curious

I guess since it's never really been a issue it would depend on the situation if the kids were on the background I would not try to be a freak and ask it to be removed but to be honest I had not thought about that since it's never happened .

• Options
    I would not want to tell someone not to post pictures of their families if by chance my kids were in the background I would not want to be rude but in my case today they were pictures of only my kids. I don't post pictures online of any of my family I have a profile photo that's it.

• Options
    If your child is the main subject than you have every right to request the picture to be taken down, and be annoyed that they posted it without your permission. If your kid is just in the background of their kid, then you're being ridiculous.

If it was a group picture then you should have spoken up before it was taken saying that you don't want it shared on fb so your kid could be taken out of the picture if that's what they planned to do with it.

• Options
    Shut that sh!t down, OP!

DS1's dad's GF posts pics of him on FB all. The. Time. She sucks and she's lucky I haven't knifed her yet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"