Cincinnati Babies
Options

9 POUNDS!

That is how much I gained last month. The Dr wasn't concerned, he said just don't make this a habit. HOPEFULLY all the deliciousness I have been eating over the holidays is what did me in. Until further notice I will no longer be pigging out on delicious treats. Someone pass me a fruit cup please and come help me eat this peanut butter fudge. It is too good to go to waist, and if no one will help me I am sure that will add at least another 1lb onto this months total!

On other news I have another apt next week.  I'm not sure why...I like going to the DR often but every week this early could get old quickly. She scheduled my next growth US and I also need to call and schedule my fetal echo (detailed heart) u/s, and have the fasting blood work next week. Chick handed me three different apt cards when I walked out, I was like woah, and promptly went to Staples to purchase my 2009 planner to  keep track of everything.

Re: 9 POUNDS!

• Options
    I had one big jump like that between my 24 and 28 week appointment, luckily at 30 weeks it had slowed back down to the preferable one pound a week.  I think the next weigh in might be another bad one- all the christmas junk and candy! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hah!  Just blame it on the time of year...it's so hard to resist all the delicious goodies floating around!  I gained 8 lbs. in a two week period and it wasn't over the holidays.  The baby clearly went through an 8 lb. growth spurt.  Yeah, right.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Like you've said, just blame it on the holiday food.

?

Why are you having a fetal echo u/s? My doctor didn't schedule one for me. I just had my one time ultrasound at 20 weeks. ?Also, why are you having fasting blood work? I never heard of this before.

??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also had a month where I gained about 9lbs in that month also but never any other month and I did not change my eating habits, LOL, so enjoy that fudge :-)  The baby wants that fudge!  I am praying that everything comes back normal for you and was thinking about you the other day.  I know you must be on edge still this early into your pregnancy but I know everything will work out for you all :-)  Congrats on a good appt though and good luck with the future appts.
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• Options
    I was about as far along as you this time last year and I gained about the same amount of weight at my appointment.  I was shocked because I hadn't gained much at all before then (and luckily that didn't happen the rest of my pregnancy).  I'm sure the holiday food had something to do with but I also remember just be STARVING all the time.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"