August 2013 Moms

pumped bottle volumes?

I hope this hasn't been discussed lately as I've been a bit MIA due to extreme emotions from lack of sleep, but doing much better...

Anyway, I go by the rule of thumb of 1 oz per hour...so generally don't give DD any more than a 3 oz bottle when she takes one, but sometimes she'll just take 2.5 or a little more.

She's 10.5 weeks actual, 4 weeks adjusted.

What's your baby's age and what volume to you give? We'll be starting daycare in a week and see myself sending way too much milk. Lol

Thanks!!

Re: pumped bottle volumes?

• DD is 6 weeks and she eats about 4.5-5 oz out of a bottle of breastmilk if she's genuinely hungry. Any less and it just makes her mad. Sometimes she'll eat less if she wakes up a little early and just wants a snack.
  • MommyBoltyMommyBolty member
    edited September 2013
    I pump anywhere btw 3 and 4oz. She gets whatever I pump and does well. If she's had enough she will stop eating, but that rarely happens. This chick loves to eat!

Edited to add.. She's 4 weeks old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
  • Loading the player...
  • I pump a bottle for DH to give DD at night and I leave a little less than 4 oz just to be on the safe side and last night was the first time she are it all. I was shocked! She is 6 weeks.
  • 12w actual, 6w adjusted

They both take about 3.25 oz and have for prob the last 6w. We stepped up from 2-3 oz pretty quickly, but have really plateaued here.

I have a feeling I'll be going up to 3.5oz soon though bc when I pump to replace a feeding, I get at least that much.

They also spit up a ton after they bf and not after bottles, so I'm thinking they may be over eating when BFing.

• LO is 9 weeks and will take between 3-4 oz of pumped milk. DS would only take 4 oz bottles and ate every 3 hrs like clock work up until 10 months when my milk dried up (ie got pregnant with DD). He only increased the volume of his bottles once he was taking formula.

• My LO is 8 weeks old and takes 2.5-3 oz bottles of breast milk but eats close to every two hours.
  • My LO is 6 weeks and if I pump and give him a bottle it is 3oz. I plan on bringing 12 oz of fresh breastmilk to daycare every day for four feedings and will bring a stash of frozen bags in case he has a growth spurt or hungry day!
  • LO is 7 weeks and I give her 3 oz at bedtime (1 oz per hour). I like to take her to the lactation clinic for weighed feedings and she's been consistent at 3 oz, sometimes 3.5 oz. She weighs 9 lbs 3 oz right now and the LC said 3 oz is perfect. Coincidentally, when I pump my body almost always produces 1 oz per hour. I'm also really concerned I'll be sending too much to daycare (especially since I've frozen quantities of 2 and 4 oz). I'm hoping my LC will provide some guidance.

image  image 

BFP #1 11/26/2012, EDD 8/7/2013, Elise Anne born 8/1/2013
    BFP #2 8/21/2014, EDD 4/11/2015, M/C 9w5d, D&C 9/17/2014
  • LO eats 3oz of pumped milk and he is 4 weeks old. He was born 9 lbs and is now 11lbs 3 oz. he's a chunker. He likes to eat every 2 hours.

• DS gets a 4oz bottle though he doesn't always finish if. Yesterday he was still hungry and had about 5oz in one sitting. And didn't spit anything up! He'll be 4w tomorrow. He's a little chunky monkey. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LO is 5 weeks old and I send 4 oz bottles to the nanny. I also send a small snack bottle just in case.
    imageimageimageimage

• V&G101808V&G101808 member
    edited September 2013
    8 week old and he eats 4oz. Although recently he's been flying through them, we may be up to 4.5 soon.

He eats every 2.5 to 3 hours.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• petey1106 said:

I've been doing 3 oz bottles of breast milk and DS seems satisfied.

This and DS is 6.5 weeks.
  • My guy eats every 3 hours.. When he eats formula or a bottle if pumped milk he eats 4oz. He will be 8 weeks on Monday.
  • Emma is 7 weeks and eats about 2.5-3 oz every 2-3 hours. I always give 3 and she doesn't always finish it.
    _____August BMB January Siggy Challenge___
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC#1 09/2011 * BFP 12/1/13* DD born 08/02/13 // TTC#2 10/2013 * BFP 12/22/14 * EDD 08/30/15

Anniversary

• MMS88MMS88 member
    edited September 2013
    DD is 5 weeks eats 4-5oz breast milk
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD started daycare at 6 weeks and I sent 3.5 oz bottles because she consistently ate every 3 hours and would finish a 3 oz. bottle. I sent a little more to make sure she had enough, but she didn't always finish it.

She moved up to 4 oz bottles at 3-4 months and 4.5 oz from 6-11 months, after that she began refusing bottles.

DS is 7 weeks now and eats every 2ish hours. He usually only takes 1.5-2.5 oz in a bottle, but he only gets a few a week.
  • LO is 4 weeks. He takes 5-6 oz of BM in a bottle every 3-4 hours.

• LO is 5 weeks & eats 2-3oz every feeding. She eats 8x/day, but the time between has been different each day.
    imageimage
  • My baby is the odd woman out. She never eats more than 2 oz and she is 8 weeks old. She eats all the time though, every 2 hours or even 90 min. Girl likes to snack. 

• DD is 1 month and she eats between 2-3 oz, right now.

O was born Aug 13!  <3 B.B.F.L

image Why,Yes! I HAVE missed you both!image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"