TTC after 35
Options

how long do you wait to get blood work after POAS

**ticker warning**

AF was to arrive earlier this week - has not - said I would not POAS and I found one in my purse and did.  BFP.  Now should I wait to get blood work done Monday or give it till end of next week?  I jumped the gun last period - totally thought I was preg and wow did my body fake me out.  btw, POAS and it was a BFN and same with blood work.  My plan is to not tell my husband until sometime during our camping trip Oct 6.  That is if things continue on normally.  Praying this sticks cause I am not getting any younger.

Re: how long do you wait to get blood work after POAS

• Options
    Congratulations!   I always request bloodwork right away.  1.  I want confirmation of the BFP & 2.  If your progesterone is low, they'll want to supplement it.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options

Okay thank you - I called into my Doctor and spoke to nurse.  Will get back to me early next week and will be scheduling blood work to check levels. I was on 17P shot from week 16 - 36 so does make since to get that checked. 

I see your first U/S is on 10/1 - congrats to you! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would want a beta and P4 level checked, given your hx, ASAP.

Congratulations! And I could never wait that long to tell my husband!

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options

Okay.  I should have POAS yesterday - would have had all the results back today but now I have to stick out the weekend to talk to Doctor next week. As you all are aware and have dealt with before - sucks when you get your hopes up thinking you are and in the end it's BIG FAT neg.

Going to be hard to not tell him but I want it to be the best suprise for him and his mother (our camping trip is also a retirement gift to her) in two weeks if all goes fine.  

Thank you for putting up with my "newbie" ness here and for accepting me into your group.

• Options
    So happy for you.
    Good luck keeping it from your husband. I think the suspense would get to me. But the surprise while you are camping will be a great memory. Camping is my husbands happy place.

Good luck

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    So Far Have Not Said Anything Mainly Due To The Possibility Of disappointing Him. Sure I Got A PositivE But Worried It Will Just End Bad. My Youngest HaS Not Been SleepinG Well So reason I'm Up Right Now. I Keep Thinking If I Didnt M/c I Would Be About Half Way Now. Have This Gut Feeling AF Will Show Her Ugly Head In A Few Days Due To These Cramps. Just Have To Pray About It In Church In My Head I Guess.

• Options
    I waited until around 7- 8 weeks with both my girls, but I didn't have the background that you do,

Best wishes with everything. I think it's lovely that you want to protect your husband, but look after yourself too. Sending prayers your way.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    Thank You KL. we Shall See How Today Goes.....Trying To Keep Busy Which Is Not Hard To Do For today....Church Then Bday Party At 2 For My Friends Three Yr Old. Put A Pad On Just Incase. Hope Everyone Has A Great day.......Focusing On The Positive. No Spotting Yet.

• Options
    So my primary care physican's nurse called me back this morning and was wondering why my levels needed to be tested.  they wanted to see me first before proceeding with any tests and I asked what is the earliest appt time I could get (I work and try to schedule things early morning or late afternoon).  Their earliest appt time I could get was Oct 8.  Responded I had put a call into my GYN as well and we will just wait and see what they do.  Werid.  Anyway I have to pick up form from GYN for blood work tomorrow morning and get it done.  Cramping has subsided and so has painful lower back and legs almost like charlie horses. NO AF yet and no spotting.  Boops have gotten firmer and little bigger (after two kids they were barely a b cup) and are not as painful as they have been.  Husband is still in the dark.

• Options
    Good luck with the bloodwork. Let us know what happens

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Planned parenthood will give you a test... 20 bucks... results the next day...

Me:38 DH:40 TTC for over 3 yrs~
    Every test known to man- comes out that we are both perfectly capable of conceiving- 

Officially diagnosed with "unexplained infertility"

7/17/13-1st try with 100mg Clomid+Novarel+Prog.
    7/25/13 Mid-cycle U/S- 4 Follicles! 17, 16,L 16,15 R
    7/25/13 Trigger shot
    8/6/13 Beta Blood Drawn... Big fat Neg. 
    New RE:- 101 tests done during break cycle.. All look great! green light to hit the deck running!
    9/18/13- Cd 1- FINALLY! 100 mg clomid CD3-7- 75iu Bravelle 7-10   
    9/30/13 Follie count.. 3 on right. 2 on left-- trigger today
    10/2/13- IUI #1
    10/15/13 Beta #1- BFN.. :(

• Options

I had to hold myself back from buying more tests from walgreens yesterday.....picked up my paperwork and trying to be patient. What happens will happen and I am trying to remember that. Going for bloodwork at 12:15 today - I can access my results online so will stalking that site.  Right now they are only testing to see what my Hcg levels are.  Once that is confirmed they will tell me what they think the next step should be.

Just an fyi - when we found out we were pregnant I put a hint into my husbands father's day card......once we found out we were m/c we took the day off together and drove around and took pictures.  I have a photo of two deer with velvet antlers in a cornfield in my kitchen as a reminder of what could have been.  I want this one to be special too - reason why I am praying things go right and I can announce during our family camping trip to KY/TN in two weeks.

• Options
    SaltyladySaltylady member
    edited September 2013
    well finally got my results back from my GYN - they said test looks great and Postitve.  The first day of my last AF was Aug 23 so that will put me at 5 weeks tomorrow.  My first appt is Oct 18 - lets see if I make it there and what happens after.  I don't want to tell my husband until our camping trip (also had a 3 hr horseback ride planned around the Ozarks) but then again he wants me to help take out the a/c units from the windows this weekend and I know I can't lift anything really heavy.  Plus with both my kids I have had killer and weird food adversions/nausea....so far eveything is good but if that happens soon I may not be able to hide it either. So may have to come out and tell him on Saturday.  Thank you ladies for welcoming me in the group....I guess it's time for me to say goodbye and hope, really hope, things go well and I don't have to come back. 

• Options
    Best wishes for a happy & healthy pregnancy!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    Thank you QOTR.  Really hope things contnue on and I go to my due date - my other two I have had early......my calculated due date is my husbands birthday.  How sweet is that.  I will continue to stalk this board to keep up with everyone's updates but will refrain from posting due to my tickers. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"