August 2012 Moms

Midnight Milk Run

Who else has had one recently?

Last night I was packing DD's lunch for the sitters.  I opened the fridge to make her bottles and realised I didn't have enough milk!  So off to the grocery store I went ... in my miss-matched PJs and all.  I was wearing blue/white plaid pj bottoms and threw on a hot green sweat shirt to cover up the fact I wasn't wearing a bra.  Hair tied up in a scruncy ... Like Carrie Bradshaw, I usually restrict scrunchies to the bathroom or while I'm sleeping!  So, yeh, I got some looks.  Espcahlly since it was only 9:00 pm, so not super duper late night or anyhting.  Although that's pretty late for me these days!  LOL! 

We switched from BM to WCM at the sitters, so I'm not used to this whole having to make sure I have WCM in the fridge thing!   

My Journey to Motherhood
Me 36, DH 42
7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
TTC Since January 2009
Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
TTC Since June 2013
Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
EDD 10/15/16
At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Midnight Milk Run

• I've had to ask DH to stop and get milk on his way home from work when he gets off at 4 in the morning, so I know how it is to be "yikes! We have no milk!" I haven't had to venture out in my pjs since college, but I'm not opposed if I ever have to in the future.
  • Usually one of us stops on the way home from work. For me that's 1am, and I'm in a dirty chef outfit, and flip flops. Yum. Lol
  • Loading the player...
  •  

I've had to ask DH to stop and get milk on his way home from work when he gets off at 4 in the morning, so I know how it is to be "yikes! We have no milk!" I haven't had to venture out in my pjs since college, but I'm not opposed if I ever have to in the future.

haha!  yeh.  Last week DH was working nights and I asked him to pick some up and he forgot because he said he was sooooo tired.  I didn't even want to get started about "being tired"!  Thankfully we had enough.

Loved the comment about you not having gone out in your pjs since college.  As I walked into the store I was thinking the exact same thing!  I was also thinking I was glad we live an hour from work in a pretty rural area.  If we lived closer to work (near the city) there is NO WAY I could have gotten away with that!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• We have run out and I just gave L 2% (what we drink). He didn't care!

• We have to buy a gallon of milk every other day. It's crazy!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"