Baby Names

Girl names

DD is Lauren Elise. love it. We're struggling with ideas for our second DD. Also love the name Nicole but unfortunately it rhymes with our last name so is out.

DH likes Sarah and Emily. Emily is a bit too popular for my liking right now, although I like Emma and Emmie as nicknames, but am still vetoing.

I like Leah and Brooke.

Opinions please? Also mn suggestions for Sarah are welcome. I don't really have any ideas there.

Re: Girl names

• I like Lauren Elise.  Very pretty.  But Emily is one of my fav's too. 
  • I really like them both... Would you pronounce Leah as "Lee" or "Lee-ah"

and I also like Emily :) Not crazy about the nickname "Em" though!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm Sara Nicole...that is a great name...lol
  • imageJ+R:

I really like them both... Would you pronounce Leah as "Lee" or "Lee-ah"

and I also like Emily :) Not crazy about the nickname "Em" though!

pronounced Lee-uh

• i have never cared about whether a name is "popular" or not. ?if we liked it, that's all that mattered.

all the leahs i've known have been old crotchety women. ?not a fan.

my cousin is sara michelle. ?i always thought that was pretty.?

• I love Emma and Emmie
  • I'm Sarah Elizabeth - but so are about 90% of the Sarah's I've ever met.  Guess it's a common mn to go with Sarah.....One good thing is that there really isn't anything that rhymes with Sarah that kids at school can use to pick on her.  :)  It's a "safe" name.
  • My best friend growing up was Sarah Elizabeth.
  • My aunt's name is Sara Grace, which I've always thought was classic and beautiful. I also like Emily Brooke (considering you and your Hubby's choices)! Lauren Elise is a beautiful name!
  • Emily has great character. I don't think Sara is as over-used as it was but, in a class of 30 - 14 year olds last year, I had FIVE Sarah's. It was out of control.

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Brooke ...Love it, it is calming to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"